Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lincoln beach 09/24/03
well I finally caught my walleye. I fished lincoln beach yesterday in aboit 4 feet of water I had one that was about 28" on but I forgot my net and just as I was puting it on the stringer it flipped and the lure slipped out and off it went. About an hour or two later I caught this one that is 25" and about 2 and a half/three pounds. Oh and I wanted to add to what walleye bob said there are some very blatant fishing violations there at lincoln. I know first off that there were a lot fo people with more than one walleye over 20" and I am sure there were plenty there with more than six walleye too. Grrrrrr. That kind of fishing ruins it for the rest of us and also makes for small limits.

Jed Burton
[signature]
Nice fish, where on Lincoln beach were you fishing?
[signature]
Jed,

Congrats on that nice walleye. I caught two white bass right after you headed off to that point. One was average size but the other one pushed close to 15" and very chunky.
Did you caught the walleyes off that point? FFM, the point can be accessed from the turnoff immediately north of the boat ramp or about a 1/2 mile or so past the main entrance.

kastmaster
[signature]
[cool]Nice goin', Bro. Did you weigh your keeper? I'm guessing at least 5 pounds. And, how did you like the fillets off that baby?
[signature]
Hey Jed -- Great catch!!! I'm glad you got to get out and get a few 'eyes. Just out of pure curiosiy, how come all your big fish pics you get all dressed up? Wanna look good for the picture? [Tongue][cool][angelic][Wink][Smile] Cause I know you don't FISH in clothes like that since we met at Jordanelle. LOL [sly]

Anyway, everyone that goes down there and witnesses these poachers should continue calling the DWR. It's for the future of the fishery, and I want my kids to be able to go out there and have great fishing trips like yours well into the future. Plus, who knows, maybe you'll get some of the reward money or permits from the DWR if you help convict some of them.
[signature]
Congratulations Jed, I'm happy for you.
[signature]
no I don't fish in a shirt and tie. I just usually only have access to the internet at work and don't think to get a picture until time for work. Although i have fished many times in a shirt and tie when I only have a few minutes to throw a lure before work.
Jed Burton
Oh and I will try and answer all the other questions later. It is time to go home.
[signature]
This is for you tube dude and whoever it was who made the comment. I re weighed the fish just before I cut the fillets off and it was just barely under 5 lbs. so You were right and I just threw that other scale away. Oh and how do I report poaching to the dwr anyway.

Jed Burton
[signature]
Nice fish. I personally like the 2 oz PWC kastermaster. It bounces well off poachers too!!!!
[signature]