Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Posting and Deleting Issues
[size 2]Why is it sometimes you can post something and come back and delete it and other times you cannot?[/size]

[size 2] For instance I tried to post something to large or a bad link and want to delete the whole post and it will not.[/size]

[size 2] I mean before anyone replied to it too[/size]
[signature]
[size 3]??[/size]
[signature]
you might not be able to delete the post, but you can edit the content out completely . . so it looks blank . .

sm
[signature]
[size 2]Yep. I just don't understand why some you can and others you cannot...[/size]
[signature]
of course you only have this option with your own posts . . .

maybe theres a time limit?

sm
[signature]
[size 2]You know what's funny is I can delete my previous one but not the one prior to that! So weird[crazy][/size]

[size 2] And of course you shouldn't be able to delete another members post unless your a moderator.[cool][/size]

[size 2] Otherwise I would delete some of the 100 or so tuben2 submitted![Wink]( Just Kidding! )[/size]
[signature]
here is how it works.

when some one replys to your post their reply is physicly attached to your post and you can not delete it with out deleteing all the replyed post.

you can delete any post that you have made unless some one has replyed to it. then you can not delete it with out deleting all the post that are attached to the post you made.even if it is in the middle of a string and no one has replyed to it you can delete it.

I hope this helps you to understand what is happening.
[signature]
[size 2]Not true Dave. If you look under Float Tube Board you will see a post deleted by me. JapanRon replied and I responded then deleted it due to me not going.[/size]

[size 2]But the reply is still there even though the post is gone[Wink] Just a heads up![crazy][/size]
[signature]
yep, I am fully awear that the post stays there after it is deleted. that is the way it suspost to work.

I have the ability ro remove any thing if it becomes nessary, but to do so on my end when I or other moderators do it it will not only whipe out that post but any post that replys to that post.

just deleting the post removes the content from the post, but leaves the post there so any post that replyed to that post will stay in place. there can be a hundred post after a said post scheduled to be deleted, and so long as no one replys to that particular post it can be removed with out affecting the rest of them.

so what happens on my end is say for example the lead post is a trashy post and I want to get rid of it and there are a lot of good replys I can delete the post and there will just be an empty post box and all the replys will stay. but lets say I need to get rid of all the post on a particular string all I have to do is remove the first post and every thing that follows will go out with the bath.

so this is how it works.

as a member you have these options. [ol] [li]you can remove any post that has not been replyed to[/li] [li]you can delete any post you made but there will be an empty post box there with your name on it.[/li][/ol]

if when you attempt to delete a post you will be given the two options mentioned above. if you are given only the delete option, that means that some one has replyed to your post or reply

I hope this explains a little better what your options are.
[signature]