Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua intel please
Last I heard (about one month ago) Mantua was Green and murky. I am looking for a place to fish this Thursday
and I hope conditions are clear again.
Anyone been by there? Know what the water temp is?Water conditions?
Should be good by the previous years success.
[signature]
Anyone - anyone - Bueller?!

Nobody's got intel on Mantua? Or is it so bad-ass awesome now that folks are tight lipped?

Maybe it's already iced over (teehee)???
I think it's that transition time for majority of fishermen everywhere. Between good fall weather, and Ice Season.

I can guarantee one thing: when Mantua ices up I'll be one of the very first on that pond.
[signature]
Hey I was there this morning for a couple hours. From what I saw the moss has gone down alot, but it was also very early so I don't know if it was just not very visible. I've personally never seen the areas I was fishing so weed free though. I did good for rainbows at the dock and inlet. Air temp was 30 when I got there at 0500 not sure about water temp sorry.

Multiple fly patterns worked well for 12-16 inchers and powerbait actively pulled slow across the surface right at dawn had the most fun action for me. They slammed the surface and had perfect hooksets each time! My best was a 17.8 bow on a wollybugger in olive/gold.

Good luck hope any of my info helps a little. Oh and prepare for wind,snow and WINDCHILL. Swear to god I don't think I've ever felt so cold and It was a good 29 degrees higher then one of my icefishing adventures last year haha.

Good luck man
[signature]