Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
27"er??
I went up to the Berry this morning, the air was 9 at 8:00 and water was 43..

The fishing was nice even in the fog, some times you could not see where your lure would hit..[sly]

The fishing was spotty most of the day (one fish on this spot and one on that spot)..By 10:30 I had boated over 20 cuts..

The biggest one for the day was 27" with a 25" and a 23" and 7 over 22" not sure how many I got for the day..

Most came on the lucky craft and a few on the drop shot and a few on the fluke ..Headed home around 4esh..

.[inline PB090021.JPG]
[signature]
Nice job, Cliff. Maybe I'll have to try to learn Strawberry next year - especially if the veterans event is there aganin (boy, was I embarrassed).

Off to the Texas coast in two weeks. Talked to someone there today who said they were "knocking the s--- out of the redfish, but the trout is a little iffy".

Mike
[signature]
I saw the ruler in the background, why isn't it up against the fish for the pic? Before you get the idea I am doubting you, I am not. Still you sure can get the big one's out of the berry. Nice work dude! Too bad it is going to freeze on ya! Well done bassrods, glad to see your reports again. Keep them coming. What do you do for winter? Do you ice fish?

If so I want to see some nelle bass through the ice![Wink]
[signature]
Hell of a nice fish there, Cliff. It's been crazy to see you intentionally targeting slimers!
[signature]
+1
[signature]
Let me know how it goes.. And any good guides you hear of..
[signature]
The ruler is only 22" and bolted down, the door the fish is on is 23" wide..

When I fish for bass I don't post it, and yes I do ice fish for bass..
(At El Salto)
[signature]
I wasn't after slimers I was after bass...[Wink]

I only used bass lures all day..[crazy]
[signature]
Great Post! I'm glad to hear people are still trying to soak up as much fishing in before the ice keeps our boats off the lakes. I'm glad to hear it was so successful. After seeing that hog I'm going to try and go out at least one more time. Very Nice Fish.

Thanks for the pics.
[signature]
Powell has great fishing all year..[crazy]
And its open water..[Wink]
[signature]
[quote bassrods]I wasn't after slimers I was after bass...[Wink]

I only used bass lures all day..[crazy][/quote]

You know when you drive up over Daniel Summit you don't end up in Florida[shocked]. Fishing Strawberry is fishing for trout whether you want to admit you're a trout fisherman or not[laugh].
Nice trout. Didn't see any bass pics. Just curious what's the ratio of trout to bass you catch up there not fishing for slimers? Don't feel bad my 10-13 yr old nephews catch 5 lb plus bass out of neighborhood puddles rountinely they walk or bike to in Florida. But they'd die for a trout that big.[laugh]
[signature]
[quote bassrods]... not sure how many I got for the day..
.[/quote]

What?? How can you not remember how many fish you caught?

You remembered the air temperature (9) at 8:00 in the morning. You also recall the water temperature (43). You know that you caught over 20 by 10:30. You know that you caught a 27", 25", 23", and seven over 22".

You know that the door the fish is laying on is 23".

Come on Cliff -- you are meticulous when it comes to the numbers game. Spill the beans. We all know that you kept track of exactly how many fish you caught!

Hey -- will we see you at Powell this weekend? I'd love to hook up and mojo the dropshot with a parasite for some bass.
[signature]
I don't post about any bass I catch any more or where or how big...

But my biggest bass this year (smallmouth) came at the Berry..
[signature]
Whats the purpose of that wrapped around pad at the end of your fishing rod?
[signature]
Over the years I have had fish pull a rod over the side of the boat, in short it helps the rod to float..
[signature]
Good idea! That would've saved my rod thats at the bottom of the Jordanelle.
[signature]
It works great but the company is shut down now that made them..
[signature]
[quote bassrods]It works great but the company is shut down now that made them..[/quote]
[#502800]There is a product called Waterbuoy, that attaches to your rod handle that inflates when it is soaked in water. I think it's less than $15.[/#502800]
[signature]
Thanks, but tried them and they don't work that good.. Rain can set them off or fog..
[signature]
Do you have a pic of that big bass from the berry?
[signature]