Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tipping your lures
Do you tip your lures with anything for trout? what do you use? and do you use scent?
[signature]
Nightcrawlers on spinners and lures work well for me. Also putting scents on rapalas and what not (like garlic etc.) works too. I feel it doesn't mess with the action at all. Occasionally I have put a salmon egg on spinners as well.

I have yet to try putting a whole minnow on a lure/spinner. Coming soon!
[signature]
Pistol Pete's tipped with salmon eggs are a match made in heaven.
[signature]
I use krill, anus and shrimp scents for steelhead and krill, crawfish and garlic when trolling for trout and lakers
tight lines
[signature]
[quote steelhooked]I use krill, anus and shrimp scents for steelhead and krill, crawfish and garlic when trolling for trout and lakers
tight lines[/quote]Anus? I'm not even going to ask where you get THAT scent from!
[signature]
anus scent is very popular these days. you can buy it in a gel, liquid form in a bottle just like any other scent, it's also an option in scents with most artificial baits 4 steelhead. steelhead like it just like shrimp or krill scents, they do smell it when they are paired up and spawning. if you want to improve your steelhead catch rate then i suggest reading up on it.
tight lines
[signature]
[quote steelhooked]anus scent is very popular these days. you can buy it in a gel, liquid form in a bottle just like any other scent, it's also an option in scents with most artificial baits 4 steelhead. steelhead like it just like shrimp or krill scents, they do smell it when they are paired up and spawning. if you want to improve your steelhead catch rate then i suggest reading up on it.
tight lines[/quote]
I googled up anus scent. Didn't find much of anything having to do with fishing. At least fishing as per discussion.
[signature]
anus? LOL did you mean to say Anise? if its the first one i would hate to have to be the one that has to apply that scent

this might help a little

[url "https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=anise+scent&oq=Anis+scen&aq=0q&aqi=g-q3&aql=&gs_l=hp.1.0.0i22l3.3790l9530l0l12892l9l9l0l0l0l0l2100l6985l2-2j3j1j0j1j0j1j1l9l0.frgbld.&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=c98d3a4d2852b109&biw=1280&bih=883"]https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=anise+scent&oq=Anis+scen&aq=0q&aqi=g-q3&aql=&gs_l=hp.1.0.0i22l3.3790l9530l0l12892l9l9l0l0l0l0l2100l6985l2-2j3j1j0j1j0j1j1l9l0.frgbld.&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=c98d3a4d2852b109&biw=1280&bih=883[/url]
[signature]
RFLMAO!!!! I gotta save this one. This is classic!!! Oh, man, bustin' a gut here....thanks for the laugh this morning!!

anus...classic...
[signature]
yes i ment anise, i'm happy i was able to start the day with a Smile for some of you, it was a long day.
tight lines[Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][bobhappy]
[signature]
Oh my. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Thanks guys.
[signature]
Awahaha Oh geez sooo funny I don't know how I missed this thread awahaha I cant stop laughing.
[signature]
I was concerned when he said anus... haha
[signature]
Tipping lures correctly can actually make the difference between a great catch and pulling out an empty line every now and then. A good way to learn this art is to fish with the pros.
[signature]