Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idaho pheasants
Me and a buddy headed our way back up to Idaho to hunt some pheasants after seeing a gazillion during the deer hunt.
We found alot of birds, got a few and missed a few.
First year for the lab and he sure did kick some arse, he shooved his nose up alot of birds butts that I would have probably walked right by.
Just imagine the amount of birds I have walked by hunting pheasants 15 years without a dog!!!
Hopefully I can get back up there before the long ID bird season ends.
[signature]
Nice roosters!

For those of us who don't have dogs, now's the time of year to be sitting at the end of combine rows as the farmers bring in grain corn!

I hear you about the dog deal. I hate dogs in general, but I gotta have one for the birds. I hate driving with the knowledge that the only way those birds are going to scare is if I trip on them.
[signature]
Well done! What part of the state? They are pretty sparse north of Idaho falls So we do a do it yourself pheasant hunt in south dakota each year now. Went 2 weeks ago and brought back 45 between the 3 of us. Half the fun for me is watching the dogs work.
[signature]
We hunted in the southeast part of the state on some farm ground that I am fortunate enough to have permission to hunt. Not alot of pressure in that area due to high out of state fees and no big cities in that area of Idaho. And it shows with the amount of birds we seen.
The dogs definetly add a lot of excitement and confidence when hunting those sneaky SOB's.
45 birds in one outing would spoil a man, it has taken me 15 years to harvest that many wild birds!!!!
[signature]
That was 3 guys for the trip [Wink] But yea its a good time. SD has more birds in its borrow pits that idaho has in the whole state. They even have road hunting rules......as long as the doors are closed on the truck you can shoot from the road. Makes for some good redneck fun!
[signature]