Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rookie
Just wanted to say hello to everyone on the forum... i've fished for about 16 of my 20 short years. I Just bought my first boat and will be fishing in it for the first time on wednesday weather permitting.

Fishin247
[signature]
Welcome to the site Fishin247. I see you are from Alabama, I grew up near Guntersville Al. and get back as often as I can and have posted a few reports on the Al board. Good luck with your new boat, hope you enjoy it. By the way, what lake or river do you usually fish in your area?
WH2
[signature]
I am usually fishing in Lake George or Catoma. One of the boat ramps for Flint Creek is about five minutes from my house so i'm there a lot as well.
[signature]
Must be nice to have a place that close to fish at. When I was there last month my son and I caught a few bass, catfish and bream but we were just fishing in my Uncles pond and other ponds close by. Here are a few pics from some of the fish we caught, I guess I should move this post to the Al board so others from that area can see. Do you usually target bass?
WH2
[signature]
On Catoma and Flint i target bass, and crappie. On George mostly bream. Those are some nice fish!! Im going friday so maybe ill have pictures to show you.

fishin247
[signature]
Great, I'll look forward to your post, hope you have good luck.
[signature]
sorry it took so long to get back.. no luck on the crappie did catch 17 bream. I need help on other tactics to catch crappie i just use minnows i need other ways to add to my playbook any suggestions
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report. As far as what to use to catch crappie in the fall, I just use a small jig tipped with a worm(red wigglers) below a bobber, I cast it out and slowly real it back. Here is a link to our crappie and panfish board: http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=164
There are several post there about crappie fishing, that might be of some help.
WH2
[signature]
Welcome Fishin247! I look forward to pictures of your catch!
[signature]