Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011-2012 Official contest rules.
1Guys,

Here are the official rules. I've made adjustments based on feedback. I hope everyone is satisfied. I think this is going to be a fun contest. Good luck to all!

IWAB.

RULES
1. There will be a $15 entree fee. First 20 people to get their entry fee to Iwantabuggy get in. PM me for address information.

2. Must be a registered member of BFT to enter.

3. Points will be awarded by the nearest half inch (all rounding will be down, if it isn't a complete 1/2 inch, it will be rounded down).

4. Must have a picture with the fish on the ground next to the tape, the BFT logo with the year 2011-2012 and you. (You may use a picture of yourself on the ground next to the fish as there isn't always someone to help take the picture.) Pictures of fish in the air next to a tape will not count for points. All pictures must be taken at the lake. Large pictures are okay as it will aid in scoring.

5. Points will be awarded for up to 7 fish.

[indent]The 7 fish must be made up of a combination of …

1-3 panfish (perch, crappie, or bluegill/sunfish/pumpkin seed/green sunfish). More than 1 panfish can be scored, but no more than 1 per species will be counted for your final score. Species will be defined as follows for panfish. All crappie will be considered one species, regardless whether they are white, black, or a hybrid. All bluegill/sunfish/pumpkin seeds/green sunfish will be considered 1 species. So, you can enter 1 perch, 1 crappie, and one sunfish, for a total of 3 panfish.

Up to 5-6 different game fish and non-game fish (any legally harvestable game fish or non-game fish listed on page 55 of the 2011-2012 Fishing Seasons and Rules book published by fish and game, other than the panfish listed above). A maximum of 1 non-game fish may be entered. No more than 6 fish from this group as defined.

In other words, you can have 1-3 panfish of different species as listed above and 5-6 game/non-game fish (no more than 1 of which may be a non-game fish) up to a total of 7 fish to be used in your final score. The largest 7 fish will be used to calculate your final score with not more than 1 being a non-game fish, and not more than 3 being a panfish, and not more than 5 being game fish. (I know it seems complicated, but it's really not if you think about it.)
[/indent]
6. Cut-bows will be classified as a Cutthroat. Kamloops, Redbands, Rainbows, and all Rainbow genetic abnormalities and subspecies, such as Banana trout, Albino's, Blue trout, etc, will all be considered Rainbows. All sub-species of whitefish will be considered, whitefish.

7. All legally harvestable fish will be eligible for the longest over all fish trophy, regardless of species, as long as they are hooked and landed through a hole in the ice 10 inches in diameter or smaller.

8. Idaho public waters only. Reciprocal lakes count as Idaho waters.

9. You must post your own fish for it to get credit. Please post your photos in JPEG format.

10. Posts must include type of fish, date caught, name of lake, and length of fish, bait or lure used.

11. There will be a maximum score of 25 inches per fish. Fish longer than 25 inches may be entered, but a maximum of 25 inches will be awarded. The exception would be for the longest fish award, and then the whole length will be counted.

12. If you catch say a larger Perch but have one posted already no problem. Post the new perch and your points will be adjusted. You don't get both but the larger one will be the one counted. Please check your pictures on the lake of the fish if you can. If it moved and doesn't show the full length of the fish I'm sorry but I go with what shows up in the picture. Points are based on the photos. No limit on size of photos this year but please don't abuse this.

13. Awards will consist of two trophies. The first trophy will go to the winner of the “BFT Idaho 7 Fish Challenge.” The second trophy will go to the person who catches the longest fish. The remaining money in the pool will go to the charity of choice of the winner of the first trophy.
[signature]
You should now have the moderator rights to make this a sticky.

Windriver
[signature]