Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snakehead Fish!
[size 2]FILE PHOTO: James Scritchfield of Baltimore holds a giant snakehead fish he caught in a crab net at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore, Friday, Sept. 6, 2002. One of the carnivorous alien fish, known for its voracious appetite and ability to wriggle short distances on land, has been found in southern Wisconsin's Rock River. (AP Photo/Steve Ruark) [/size]

[Image: capt.6421808.jpg]
[signature]
Hey fishfather, that's a nice picture. I'm sure glad that we don't have any of those to compete with in SoCal. Can you imagine having something trophy size on your line and have it stolen right in front of your face. It is bad enough when a big one gets away from you.[Wink]
[signature]
[size 2]I was thinking the same thing. On my tube floating around and here comes this thing! Ahhhhh![crazy][/size]
[signature]

Hey there fishfather,

I see someone has rudly grabbed one of my favorite fish to catch in Japan. That fishy is one big muscle and will eat anything. It loves to live in rice paddys and shallow 12-24 inch deep ponds with lots of lilly pads and cover. They can move around like a snake and can absorb air for a while (even better than a catfish). They commonly get to 25 pounds. I believe they came from China as well as many fish that are now in Japan.

They fight like the devil and stink. They can be caught on any kind of bass lure and are the second favorite fish to catch for many Japanese bass anglers! My kind of fish! ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]