kentd71 - Contest Fish
kentd71,

Post your contest fish here.
[signature]
19 inch brook and 20 inch hybrid
Nov. 26, 2011
Henry's Lake
white paddlebug with worm
The friend that came with me caught a 24" hybrid. Will try next weekend for something bigger.
[signature]
I'm getting 20 on the hybrid and 18.5 on the brook. I'll update the scores this morning.
[signature]
18" rainbow
Sand Creek Pond Nov 29 2011
Gizzy bug and worm
[signature]
18.5 on the rainbow.
[signature]
Mackey Res 1-2-12
Rat finky with wax worm

13 or so inch Kokenee
and 9.5 inch whitefish. I had to hurry to get him back in the water.
[signature]
13 on the Koke. 9 on the whitefish.
[signature]
Thanks. You are quick.
[signature]
18" Brown
PalaSades Res 1-14-12
Worm on a home made jig.
[signature]
18 inches on the brown. Nice work.
[signature]
On the score sheet you put 20" for the brown but it was 18"
I should have 97 inches. 79 before the 18" brown.
You are doing a great job.
[signature]
Thanks for catching the 18 vs 20 mistake. You made me take a hard look at the score sheet and how it calculates the scores and I couldn't find my mistake. Kept looking, and looking, and looking. Then, finally, I remembered the rules. You have 6 game fish, but you only get credit for 5. If you take a look at the rules, it specifies that only 5 can be game fish. To get the 7, you must have either at least 1 trash fish and 1 panfish, or 2 kinds of panfish. It was a hard thing to explain in the rules, but that is the intent. Here is a portion of rule 5 quoted:

Quote: Up to 5-6 different game fish and non-game fish (any legally harvestable game fish or non-game fish listed on page 55 of the 2011-2012 Fishing Seasons and Rules book published by fish and game, other than the panfish listed above). A maximum of 1 non-game fish may be entered. No more than 6 fish from this group as defined.

In other words, you can have 1-3 panfish of different species as listed above and 5-6 game/non-game fish (no more than 1 of which may be a non-game fish) up to a total of 7 fish to be used in your final score. The largest 7 fish will be used to calculate your final score with not more than 1 being a non-game fish, and not more than 3 being a panfish, and not more than 5 being game fish. (I know it seems complicated, but it's really not if you think about it.)

Now that I've updated the score sheet I have your score at 88 because you only get the 5 largest since all 6 of your are game fish. I hope this is not a huge let down for you.
[signature]
The way I was reading it was a max of 6 game fish plus 1 panfish.
Or 5 game fish + 1 non-gamefish + 1 panfish

Anyway here is one to replace the whitefish. Only a pearch to go.

Sucker 17" on a homemade jig with wax worm
Ririe 1-16-12
[signature]
17 on the sucker. That makes 4 now over 100 inches. Unless someone comes up with a laker or a pike or something big, this is going to be a very tight contest.
[signature]
I am hoping for a 25" laker and a 10" perch
[signature]
I've got a couple trips planned trying for a Laker, also. I've never caught one before so I'm just going on luck at this point. If I get desperate, I can try for a SMB, Koke, or Coho at Cascade, but I've got my heart set on a Laker.
[signature]
10.5 "? perch
Ririe
1-28-12 Lindy jig w/ a little wax worm
[signature]
10.5 on the perch.
[signature]