Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ovid Creek - Contest Fish
Ovid Creek,

Post your contest fish here.
[signature]
Here is my first two fish to be entered in the contest (Brook and Cutthroat). Both are from Henry's Lake caught on 11-23-11. Both are 19''

Good Luck to all!
[signature]
Officially, we need to know what bait you used in addition to the info you already provided.

I can't see the low end of the tape on the Brookie. I'm going to give you 18.5, but I need to see both of the tape in the future to make sure someone doesn't fudge it. I hate to be nit-picky, but I also need to keep it as fair as possible.

18 for the cut.

I hope you all don't hate me when this is over.
[signature]
No problem--how could I hate the guy who sent me to the best perch fishing ever[Wink] Green Paddlebug tipped with mealie on both fish.
[signature]
Rainbow caught at Island Park Res. with green paddlebug tipped with mealie. I think it goes just over 15''; as always your call[Smile] Caught 12-3-2011!

Best,

OvidCreek
[signature]
It's a tight call, but I'm giving 15.5 on the Rainbow. The pictures have improved a lot. Thanks. It wouldn't hurt if they were a little bigger. Now that I've been critical of others pictures, I'm embarrassed at the quality of my own pictures......... Keep 'em coming!
[signature]
OK I know you are going to be jealous of this monster, but here is my 5.5-6''' perch, plus friends. Caught at Roberts Gravel Pond on 12-4-2011 with 1/64 green headed jig with part of a mealie. Forgive all the posts, I am attempting to get all seven fish in December and then work on improving my established score for the rest of the season. Last year did not post some fish and it cost me. Yes- perch from the West side would eat our little East siders[Wink]
[signature]
It looks like a 6". How was the ice?
[signature]
4'' 90% covered with clear ice, open water West of causeway, packed with geese. Posting report on main board.

Best,
OvidCreek
[signature]
Thanks OC!
[signature]
It's close, but I see 6 on the perch. You've got the most species, for now.....[Wink]. I've been working on a Brown, but no luck yet....[frown]
[signature]
Kokanee

Montpelier Res. 12-18-11
Pink/Chartruce Combo Jig tipped with crawler

11-11.5 Your call as always!

OvidCreek
[signature]
Perch 6.5'' (Replace Roberts Perch, which was 6'')

Montpelier Res. 12-18-11
Pink/Chartruce Jig tipped with crawler.

I know it sounds picky, but with the high caliber of fisherman I am competing against this contest may go down to .5 of an inch[Wink]

OvidCreek
[signature]
Sounds smart to me not picky . If I get a fish 1/2" longer I will up grade my score . Curt G.
[signature]
6.5 on the perch, 11.5 on the koke. I'd take another .5 on anything I can get. This has been a very competetive contest so far. And I think it is going to get even more so. We haven't even reached the end of December yet!
[signature]
Kokanee (13'') -- Mackay Res 12-22-11

Pink Jig with Half a Mealie

Please replace 11.5''Koke Score

Thank You!

OvidCreek
[signature]
Score as 13 on the Koke. Keep 'em coming.
[signature]
Largemouth Bass 14.5-15'' (Released) your call sir! My first one ever through the ice!

Condie Res. 12-26-11

Small Chartruce Jig tipped with perch eye!
[signature]
Rainbow Deep Creek Res. 17-17.5'' 12-26-11

PinkPaddlebug tipped with crawler, please replace 15.5 Rainbow from Island Park Res.

Thanks,

OvidCreek
[signature]
I see 15 on the LM and 17 on the Rainbow. Man, you guys are making me jealous with all these LMB. I have a hard time catching them in the summer.....[:p]. Winter seems like it might be nearly impossible, except you guys keep doing it!
[signature]