Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iwantabuggy - Contest Fish
Iwantabuggy,

Post your contest fish here.
[signature]
Rainbow, Lowman (10 mile) ponds, 11-25-2011, nightcrawler.
[signature]
Gotta get a couple on the board here. They are not much, but I'm gonna put them up anyway.

The first is a brookie caught on Horse Theif, Tuesday, Nov 29th, Rapala jigging rap (rainbow color).

The second was a rainbow from Dec 3, using a Lindy slick jig (clown) tipped with night crawler and scented with garlic oil.
[signature]
Are there a lot of those little brookies at Horsethief, or is that a pretty rare fish? I sure enjoyed my walk in to that spot last year, a nice place to fish!

OvidCreek
[signature]
If you fish in the right spot, the Brookies seem to be pretty common, but the "right" spot isn't very big. If you are anywhere else, I think they are a long shot. Seems very few even knew there were any in there. Until last Tuesday, I didn't know.
[signature]
22.5 inch Brook, Henry's Lake, Dec 9th, Green Fireball Jig tipped with regurgitated sculpin (from inside another fish).

21 inch Cut, Henry's Lake, Dec 10th, Frostee Jig (green) tipped with Chub cut bait.
[signature]
Those are beauties IWB!!!
[signature]
What a great Brookie . Curt G.
[signature]
14 inches, Yellow perch, Cascade, 12-15, Glow perch jigging rap.

[inline "Cascade, Dec 15, 2011 (1).JPG"]
[signature]
I want one!!!![frown][:/][unimpressed][pirate][crazy]
[signature]
Nice perch! wow, thats a good one
[signature]
I'll give you 12.5 for that one [:p][:p] JK.
That's almost gross it's so big! congrats on another pig of a perch! Beautiful colors too.
[signature]
That trick photography and photoshop are working well for me this year. [Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink] j/k.
[signature]
Payette Lake, 12-17-2011, Jig and Worm, Sucker, 18 inches.

Payette Lake, 12-17-2011, Jigging Rap, Rainbow, 16 inches.

Yes, the one picture is on a dock. I took the picture on the dock due to the ice being too thin to stand on and difficulty in taking the pictures on the ice from the docks. I've included a picture of us fishing on the docks through the ice to show we were actually "ice fishing". Hope no one has an issue with this. I believe I've stayed within the rules.
[signature]
Congrats! On the strong weekend--very nice score[Smile]
[signature]
Upgrading my Rainbow. This one was caught at Magic on Dec 28th. Jig tipped with worm.

I've included 2 pictures, although 1 would probably suffice. I measured this thing 3 times on the ice and had another person measure it and we came up with 21.5, but when I got home and measured in the pictures, 20 is the best I can come up with. I've heard of ground shrink on deer and elk. Is there such a thing as camera shrink? Oh well. It's all for fun anyway. I don't know why I'm so competetive.
[signature]
Brown trout, Magic, 1-14-2012, 15 inches, Thomas Bouyant spoon tipped with worm.
[signature]
Lake Trout, Payette Lake, Jan 21, 2012, 16.5 inches. Sexy spoon tipped with cut bait.
[signature]
Jan 27, Payette Lake, Lake Trout, bait was a 10"+ fish (dead), 31 inches.
[signature]
You are killing me with that fish. I will need to get 2 25"ers to even come close and that is not likely to happen.
[signature]