Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lake mead 11/19/11
[cool]Finally able to take the wife out fishing with our odd schedules. Went out south of 33 hole at 2pm. Wind was blowing at about 12mph. Started tubing and I got hit on the trap after rounding the point....a nice 1.5lb striper. Then saw a small boil and birds diving near the back of the cove. Kicked our way over there and Beth hooks up a nice 1lb-1.25lb striper. We continued to cast and catch other small stripers in that cove. After the action died we kicked to another cove for nada. We then started th e kick back against the wind and the valve on one of my pontoons pops out. Alot of air escapes before I can close it off with a pair of hemostats. I was able to blow up the pontoon and clamp it off for the rest of the kick back to shore. In all we got nine stripers in a 3 hour period and kept the 1.5lber for tacos. No pics sorry but a nice time on the water.
[signature]
Hemostats save lives, haha. Glad you made it back to shore ok. What type of tube do you use, BigE?
[signature]
I'd say you almost went for a swim but everytime you go fishing in that tube you go for a swim! [Wink] Great report.
BaySport
[signature]
niice BigE [Wink]
[signature]
Kayak's don't leak, maybe you can use this on Beth, she needs you alive right?

Or maybe she's got a lot of life insurance out on ya and is the source of your tube problems?
[signature]
Thanks for the report - glad you didn't sink man, that would make for a tough swim in waders...
[signature]
[quote SEALFISH]Kayak's don't leak....[/quote]

Actually kayaks can leak. During the beginning of this summer I took out my short kayak and it had developed a leak around the area I mounted the ff transducer. I paddled most of the day oblivious that I had a leak. By afternoon, the kayak did seem unstable and harder to paddle. It was when I rolled over and was unceremoniously dumped into the water I later found out that the leak filled the yak about a 1/3 of water inside. This created the instability and thus the dumping. That day I lost a rod & reel and a couple plano boxes of lures. It was a $200 baptism...ouch [blush]
[signature]
[cool]I have a Caddis Navigator IV. It has two main air bladders(pontoons) and another bladder for the back rest. I chose this one for its size and three separate air bladders. I still would have been floating but alot wetter.
[signature]
[cool]Thanks Baysport,Undertow,Whizzle and Sealfish. Had fun and a learning experience. Oh and Sealfish, Beth will let me get the new bladders but the kayak is still on hold.
[signature]
[quote BigE][cool]Thanks Baysport,Undertow,Whizzle and Sealfish. Had fun and a learning experience. Oh and Sealfish, Beth will let me get the new bladders but the kayak is still on hold.[/quote]

Damn! I tried.
[signature]