Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry 11/22/11
Went to the berry yesterday. What an awesome day. Arrived at about 10:30. Full sun and very warm upon arrival. Launched from Soldier creek ramp. The ramp was covered with about 4 inches of snow. No problems launching. Spent about 3 hours trying to find the fish. Finally located a good spot along the south shore and caught 3 in a matter of 20 minutes. Then I decided to head over to renegade bay to give it a try. It was on. Fished the area south of the renegade ramp, between the west shore and the little island to the east. Just trolled back and forth. Used tube jigs tipped with a crawler. Running 2 poles. proceeded to catch about 25 more fish in the next 3 hours. No slot busters, but all except for one were in the 17 to 21 inch range. They were all very healthy and fat. Doesn't get any better than this. No more than a slight wind at times.
[signature]
My twin and I almost went there ourselves. We decided to stick to the weber though as we forgot our measuring tape. Sounds pretty good up there though. Were you trolling close to shore?
[signature]
no. probably 100 yds off shore in about 45' of water.
[signature]
I had my heart set on going today, but work prevailed, I hope we get another good day before ice. Just one more trip thats all I ask, well maybe 2.
[signature]
Absolutely!!!
[signature]
I got up there yesterday and realized that the tape i brought had rusted and all the numbers between 17 and 26 inches. makes it kinda hard guestimating size... Renegade was a wash from shore. after having fished the 22nd and done really well we fished yesterday for 2.5 hours without a nibble, headed to haws point and more of the same. finally headed to mud creek for 1.5 hours and caught a few including one that was just a couple of inches short of my 26" mark and then had one break off after that. i'll be up there again tomorrow. hopefully it'll be better
[signature]
What was the road like getting to Renegade and did you happen to notice if the ramp was icy or snow packed?
[signature]