Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice fishing boots
A couple of weeks ago there was thread that was started about everyones favorite boots for ice fishing. There a were a couple guys that talked about boots that they picked up at Smith and Edward's that they really liked. I am headed over the mountain for some shopping and would like to see if I can find some good ice fishing boots. Way too many miles on the old ones so it time for some new treads. If anyone can find that old thread or if you know which boots those are, please post and let me know what the name of those boots are or if you know if there are any other really warm boots for ice fishing please tell me about them. Nothing worse than cold feet when you venture out on the ice all day.Any help would be grateful.
mickie mouse boots
[signature]
Here is a link to that thread:

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=700032;#700032"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=700032;#700032[/url]
[signature]
Boots, are only one part of keeping your feet warm. Remember to get a good pair of socks, like Merino Wool Socks anything but cotton, cotton looses all it warming properties when wet and can turn your expensive boots into and ice chest for your feet [:|]
[signature]
I have a pair of Cabelas Blizzard boots that I totally love but they only have an inch or two of rubber on bottom so I'm nervous of slush conditions. Guess I'll find out how they work in about an hour I'm on my way to Henrys Lake in Idaho for an early ice fish'en trip. Good luck with the shopping crowds. J
[signature]
Get the Arctic Muck Boots. Your feet will stay warm and dry. I use em all winter long, not just Ice fishing. They are the best boot I have owned!
[signature]
Sounds good next time around. No slush today but I broke off my first one of the day hope to do better on the next one. J
[signature]
For the past 2 hard deck seasons i have changed from the normal snow boot to a muck boot. The muck boot has been by far the warmest and most comfortable boot i have found. My boots have 1600 g of insulation and are super warm, i dont even wear thick socks.

Both sportys and cabelas carries man brands of muck boots. The nice thing about the muck boots is they are much lighter in weight than a pack boot plus they come up high so if u do fall through a hole you are less likely in drowning your foot in water.

I will be going on my third season with my mucks and love them. Yes they can be expensive running from about 60 bucks to 180 but they are well built and well last many seasons on the ice and mud.

Muck boots have a winning combination in comfort and heat and durability

hope this helps
[signature]
I agree with Pikeman! Mickey's for sure, can't beat them![Wink]
[signature]
SORRELS MY FAVORITE.
[signature]
[Wink] +1 on the artic pro mucks, got mine last year and I love em. They are very comfortable, light weight, and they slip on and off real easy.
[signature]
If you look at the old link, you'll notice that Baffin was mentioned multiple times. I am a big fan of the Baffins. I've owned Columbias, Sorrells, and yes the mickey mouse boots, but so far the Baffins take the prize. Cold feet used to be my biggest concern when ice fishing, but since buying Baffins, I have time to be concerned with more important things. Definitely worth the investment.
[signature]