Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead Friday
Friday, 11/25/11- Spent the morning fishing with a few friends. This is how it ended:

[inline "11-25-11 008.jpg"]

Small stripers line the cleaning station. The end of a great day on the water. This is how it began:

[inline "11-25-11 002.jpg"]

The calm waters of the Las Vegas Wash, loaded with bait and small stripers. Today is a perfect day for live bait fishing.

[inline "11-25-11 001.jpg"]

Live bait! No problem netting shad today.

[inline "11-25-11 004.jpg"]

Joined the fleet in the wash. Anchored in 20 feet of water,and put live shad to work.

[inline "11-25-11 006r.jpg"]

Action was steady all morning. It seems like everyone was catching fish today. Can't wait to do it again.
BaySport
[signature]
BaySport,

I went Friday as well and had roughly the same results. You're right, shaddin' was quite easy. We arrived at 12 and fished until 4 and boated 18 fish. The only thing we did different was go out a little deeper. We fished in 100 ft hoping for slightly better quality. But as fishing goes, no whoppers to speak of. Good luck next time!

Tony Resma
[signature]
Looks like a great day on the water [fishon]
[signature]
awesome baysport [Wink]
[signature]
I saw you at the cleaning station as I was heading to the pier... The guys at the pier got into the nice ones Thursday 10 to 15 pounds.... And one kid got spooled from a monster.... I would hang closer to the marina there out there right now feeding on the over abundance of shad...
[signature]
We fished in 100 ft hoping for slightly better quality. But as fishing goes, no whoppers to speak of.

I'm with you there. However, at gray light we landed eight fat stripers feeding on the surface with swimbaits. After netting shad we decided to stay in the wash since stripers were so active there. We chummed a ton with dead shad and fished right off the bottom. Glad you all had a great day.
BaySport
[signature]
I heard that the casting bite has been good early. We will see what happens when the water temp dips below 58. Hopefully the big boys show with no trout in the wate!

Resma~
[signature]