Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead Sunday
Sunday, 11/27/11- Lanched off the Gov't Wash shoreline early (6:00 am.). Headed to Las Vegas Wash to jump on the stripers that are feeding in that area.

[inline "11-27-11 008.jpg"]

Early start. Want to be in the Wash when stripers feed on the surface. Ended up landing three fish with swimbaits. Now it is time to net some shad.

[inline "11-27-11 020.jpg"]

Shad rise to the surface.

[inline "11-27-11 018.jpg"]

Look close. Shad in the green water of the wash. Netting shad was easy today. Everyone tossing a net was successful.

[inline "11-27-11 010.jpg"]

Made an ice chest into a livewell. Works better than a bucket and holds a lot of bait. Time to move out into the shallow water of the wash and put shad to work while the stripers are active.

[inline "11-27-11 012.jpg"]

Anchored near the back of the wash in 18' of water. Chummed a ton with shad and fished right on the bottom with a sliding sinker and a slack line. Stripers would grab the bait and run with it. When the slack ran out of the line I would set the hook. Used a tight drag. What fun! Action was steady until about 9:00 am. Before I head in I need to check out a cove.

[inline "11-27-11 013.jpg"]

I hear the call of nature!

[inline "11-27-11 016.jpg"]

OH NO! NO TOLET PAPER!

[inline "11-27-11 017.jpg"]

AHHHHH, always come prepared.

[inline "11-27-11 002.jpg"]

The ride back to the Gov't Wash shore. Another great day!

[inline "11-27-11 021.jpg"]

The catch. What a great day to solo. Sorry about the long post.
BaySport
[signature]
Nice haul, Baysport.

[quote BaySport]Stripers would grab the bait and run with it. When the slack ran out of the line I would set the hook. Used a tight drag. What fun!
[/quote]

That technique sounds fun and effective.

[quote BaySport]
I here the call of nature!
OH NO! NO TOLET PAPER!
AHHHHH, always come prepared.[/quote]
Haha. Considering the alternatives, it is nice that they have the floating outhouses there even if they don't always stock them.
[signature]
Whree's the floating crapper in Gov't Wash or is it Vegas Wash?
[signature]
[quote Erawk]
Haha. Considering the alternatives, it is nice that they have the floating outhouses there even if they don't always stock them.[/quote]

Could've used one of those out at Willow a couple weeks ago....
[signature]
Haha. Considering the alternatives, it is nice that they have the floating outhouses there even if they don't always stock them.

Normally the floating necessary rooms are well maintained and stocked. On a Sunday of a weekend you better bring your own TP. The National Rec Area stuff is rough anyway. [crazy]
BaySport
[signature]
Whree's the floating crapper in Gov't Wash or is it Vegas Wash?

A long pull from Gov't Wash. On the Lake Shore Road side, one cove downstream from Hole 33. Might come in handy sometime! Bring your own paper. [Wink]
BaySport
[signature]
[quote BaySport]Whree's the floating crapper in Gov't Wash or is it Vegas Wash?

A long pull from Gov't Wash. On the Lake Shore Road side, one cove downstream from Hole 33. Might come in handy sometime! Bring your own paper. [Wink]
BaySport[/quote]

Thanks, might come in handy sometime. When I kayak from Gov't Wash to Hole 33, I usually head straight for the Hole and fish up from there. So I don't see the floating crapper.

However, seems it might be a long paddle.
[signature]
NICE!!! Damn that's a regular striper slaughter - and man, I've lost many socks and shirt sleeves in the desperate need of some TP
[signature]