Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek 12/2/11
headed to DC friday late morning arrived about 11:30a. No elctronics but estimate water temp to be 40 to 45 degrees, cold but not "freezing". little "W" out of the north. fished from the rocks at the turnout just before island marina. used a white jig with touch of crawler on it, had several hits n' misses, bottom was snaggy so i drifted it around under a bobber about 4 feet. ended up hooking 3, one long line released itself before I could lay hands on it, close enough to see it was a good size bow, maybe 14inch.. other two about the same. took pic of one with my phone, but have not sent it to email yet. all fish are still swimming, left at about 2pm when it appeared clouds were coming to stay, still small breeze out of north. air temp was not more than 35 all day. felt like 40 when the sun peeked out of clouds.
cant wait for the hard water.
[signature]
[Tongue]Fish farts ya ok
[signature]
Daughter and I fished Deer Creek for a couple hours yesterday afternoon, from shore, just off the boat ramp in the state park. We caught 4, one on a worm and 3 on lures. Was kinda fun, but the fish aren't as big as some of the 18-22 inchers we caught at this time last year. They're more like 14 inches.
[signature]