Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How was your season
How did everyone do hunting this past season? I harvested 2 bears and 5 deer(2 with bow and 3 with muzzelloader) so I have my freezer filled. flagmanonice<br><br>
Not 2 goood Flagmanonice, did`nt git ta go as much as i wood hav liked 2...missed 1 Buck...n a head shot on a Turkey...after i missed that Turkey i had a Game Warden try ta pin sum dried up blood on me...he came up on me da day B4 while i was set`in up my tree climber...it was`nt far from an ajoin`in property line..he WARNed me bout da other side,said they will prosecute me if they catch me over there...I said no they wont...he looked at me....i told him they wont cause i ant gonna B over there...Well da next morn`in is when i missed that Turkey...not 15 minutes after i shot guess who showed up?...from da other side....YEP!...Mr.Warden....he found sum blood on other side,said i was da only 1 ta shoot n that area..<br>i said that don`t make it mine...i went with him 2 blood spot...<br>sure enuff sumpin got hit hard...it was all over a pine tree n on da grass n leaves...i told him i wish i had a turkey over on my side ta proove it 2 ya..butt i missed...i reached down n picked up a leaf with blood n it and touched it,it was already dry,wood`nt even stic 2 ya...i told him U were here 15 minutes after i shot,da blood wont even stic 2 ya it`s already dry,i said hell 4 that matter it wood still B run`in down tree...<br>he did`nt argue with me,he let me go...butt he knew i was gonna B N that stand da next mornin,he was wantin ta CATCH me on other side....NOT!...ChrisP ant out ta break no law`s....Hey butt i hav been put`in sum FISH n freezer...<br> Bsafe!.......C-Ya!.........<br><br>
Mine was slim pickin's. Idaho was too warm, no Elk, no Deer. Montana, too warm also. Saw lots of Elk and Deer, passed up Spike Elk and young Deer. Finally, on the last morning I took a nice 4 point Muley. Had too much work to do to get in any Deer hunting at home. First time since 1973 I didn't get a Whitetail at home. However, spring Bear in Idaho comes up in May and then I'm going back to Montana next season for Elk again, best area I've ever hunted. Good hunting, Ghost<br><br>Famous last words: "Ah Bears are too big and fat to run fast"
On one outing we bagged 4 pheasants, our next trip was rained out. This past week, one guy in our group prepared pheasant gumbo with the 4 birds. During the meal we reminisced about the hunt, and planned the next trip. <br>Wow was it good!. <br><br>[laugh]
When do we go!!! LOL<br><br>
BAD. Our weather was too warm. I think the deer were moving at night. I went hunting more this year than ever. I finally shot a doe with my bow on Christmas. (The first deer I ever shot with a bow.) My husband and I tracked it for 1 1/2 hours and the blood trail and tracks just quit. This is the first year I have not killed a deer in several years. Oh well, maybe next year.<br><br>
Myself & my brothers took 9 deer in all near attica NY. A beautiful 8- point , also a 7 point, a half racked 10 , also a mature heavy 7 point during archery, also decided to cull several does this year , the freezers are very full !!!!!!!<br><br>
Sounds like you have nice spots to hunt to get that many bucks ! Thats good to take some of those does to, wish more people would take them instead of a young buck ! Thanks to everyone that replied !!! Flagmanonice<br><br>