Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Quacker Killers on here?
Well are late season spot is loaded with quackers right now. Guessing there is 3 to 4 thousand ducks in on it right now. Went in to check it out fri night and wasn't disapointed. Decided to only shoot one out of each flock and shot 6 nice green heads in about 35 min...... with no decoys out.
[Image: IMAG0107-1.jpg]
And the pup after, she is a tough pup. Was in the single digits, icecicles on her whiskers and not a shiver. For bird hunters that have never hunted over a chesie I highly recommend them. Awesome Dogs for our colder Idaho Hunting.
[Image: IMAG0110-1.jpg]
[signature]
Yeah, I kill ducks any chance I get.

Sounds like you had a great outing. Does the migration seem to be in full swing down there? I'm up in Moscow, and I'm just now starting to see some birds.

Thanks for sharing - nice pics & dog.
[signature]
[quote the_cactus_kid]Yeah, I kill ducks any chance I get.

Sounds like you had a great outing. Does the migration seem to be in full swing down there? I'm up in Moscow, and I'm just now starting to see some birds.

Thanks for sharing - nice pics & dog.[/quote]

We actually got a good push about 3ish weeks ago. This place is spot that has lots of birds spread out until the ice forms and then it takes about 20 to 30 square miles of water and pushes all into about 5 or 6 miles of streams. It makes for some serious serious fast shooting. Fastest I have ever limited out with 2 guys is this time of year there. 2 guys in under ten min with two mojos and a half dozen floaters.
[signature]
Sounds like a hoot. I live right on the utah/idaho border between Preston an Logan and I love shooting ducks (and especially geese), so I keep a season license for both states. What area are you in? I mostly hunt the Bear River flyway (if you can call it that!) in Idaho and Utah. Sometimes there gets to be alot of birds but conditions have to be perfect.

I have a friend from Jerome that hunts the cornfields around the Hagerman refuge. I have come up and hunted that with him a couple times, and that can be pretty fun.
[signature]
We jump shoot on the south fork of the snake a lot. Then we have some areas down to wards soda springs that we hunt .
[signature]
I also kill quackers, and the occasional honker. Went out today with a couple buddies and ended up with 15 ducks and 4 geese. Not hot, but it was fun. Another friend and I went out two weekends ago and ended up shooting three banded drake mallards, which was awesome.
[signature]