Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lake mead 12/2-5/11
[cool]Had a four day weekend and went fishing 3 out of 4 days. Friday got to Hemenway at gray light,wind and rain. Started tossing storm swimbaits from shore and started catching fish. The stripers were from 1.25lbs to 2lbs. Alot of back to back fish. I was in my waders and walking the shore most of the day. When I finished I had caught 19 fish(personal best for solo quantity) and kept five. Relaxed saturday and bought a new spinning rod and reel from bass pros; 7'6" uglystick inshore select and a penn sargus 3000. The wife wanted to go fishing on sunday so we hit Hemenway again at gray light. Beth gets two casts in and is hooked up. I cast out with the new setup and make it one of a few double hookups. We stayed at that spot till 9:30am and together totaled 19 fish but kept only four. She got 11 and I got 8. Damn ,schooled again! I did however get big fish honors with a 2.5lber. Nice way to break in the new combo. Went out again today at gray light to Hemenway. Very windy and slower fishing. Walked the shore again and caught six fish. Kept the two biggest at 3lbs an3.5lbs. Wind was there each day but nice to be outdoors. Pics are of fridays fish,saturdays fish and new combo.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I was wondering if anyone from the forum was at the Lake this weekend with the incumbent weather.

While I'm not a fair weather angler (continued fishing at Floyd Lamb a few years ago in the snow), I fish from a kayak. So heavy winds are not great for fishing while bouncing on a kayak or paddling against the wind. Also I had some honey-dos this weekend so the wife was happy I stayed home.

Hoping next saturday will be more weather friendly for kayak fishing.
[signature]
nice report BigE [Wink]
[signature]
Yeah when I fish from my tube I like the wind to be below double digit mph. It was nice to shore fish for a change. And when I see clouds,rain and wind I think striper weather. FYI.....talked to some guys at the cleaning station today and they had good fishing at govt wash.
[signature]
[cool]Thank Undurtow.
[signature]
Looks like a great day[fishin] I love catching fish on a new set-up. Awesome.
[signature]
Glad you had a good Bday weekend Eric. Say howdy to the wife and keep on the bite.

See ya soon!
[signature]
[quote gnelson651]Thanks for the report. I was wondering if anyone from the forum was at the Lake this weekend with the incumbent weather.

While I'm not a fair weather angler (continued fishing at Floyd Lamb a few years ago in the snow), I fish from a kayak. So heavy winds are not great for fishing while bouncing on a kayak or paddling against the wind. Also I had some honey-dos this weekend so the wife was happy I stayed home.

Hoping next saturday will be more weather friendly for kayak fishing.[/quote]

Hey G,
I am thinking this Wed might be fishing friendly for a kayak. Thinking about going out. Let me know if you want to do some yak fishing?
[signature]
That's a great weekend!
BaySport
[signature]
[quote the_agent][quote gnelson651]Thanks for the report. I was wondering if anyone from the forum was at the Lake this weekend with the incumbent weather.

Hoping next saturday will be more weather friendly for kayak fishing.[/quote]

I sent you a PM.

Hey G,
I am thinking this Wed might be fishing friendly for a kayak. Thinking about going out. Let me know if you want to do some yak fishing?[/quote]
[signature]