Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggested Equipment?
Being fairly new to fishing (made my first fishing appearance this past summer/early autumn) I'm still quite clueless as to what type of gear I should have to be successful. Right now I own a light-medium and medium rod/spinng real combination. But when it comes to lures, line strength, hook sizes, bates to use, best fishing techniques... I'm at a total lost. The best I caught out of my many excursions this past year was a 7 ounce sunfish (not sure what kind) which made quite a nice display in my aquarium at home (within 24 hrs, it was actually taking live worms right out of my hand). Anyway, I need as much help as possible with the above mentioned things. Without a boat, I'm pretty much stuck with fishing peers and casting from shorelines of the lakes here in the Twic Cities Metro area of Minnesota. Anybody out there that can help me?
In addition to Thor's comments, my other suggestion would be to join a local angling club. <br><br>That way you can get up to speed on a range of tackle, techniques and local waters. Over time, you may also make friends and be able to buddy up in a boat or two.<br><br>Burnin Thumbs!<br><br>Steve B <br>Mod-Lures/Baits & Oz Boards<br><A HREF="http://www.demonjigs.com" target="_new">http://www.demonjigs.com</A>
have you tried ice fishing? should be enough ice now.<br><br>Minnesota is a great ice fishing state or so I've heard.<br>ice fishing can be productive with as little as a spool of line a hook and a bug of some kind. in adition you may want to check with the locals there for up and comming winter festivals.<br><br>using from small reels and light line to tip-ups and speers (if legel there) from sitting on a bucket to constructed shanties with the super bowl playing on a portable tube, as rustic or comfortable as you want to make it.<br><br>using corn, mousies, wax worms, wrigglers, ads a little flavor to your jigs.<br><br>I have to admit that, that sunfish in your aquarium is my most favorite tid bit from the watter. filett properly diped in to a beer batter makes the effort of catching them well worth the work. <br><br><br><br>
Try using a weighted bobber, it will get you out there a little farther!<br><br>