Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JawJackin
The trigger setup on the jawjacker is adjustable and on the lowest setting the slightest movement sets it off. It also has three adjusable locations for the pole handle angle. Steeper the angle the harder the things snaps up. Learned that the hard way testing it out at home before I took it on the lake. Pole slapped my face pretty good and the jig nearly impaled my hand..lol. So to answer your question yes we watched perch and bluegill both set it off.

There are comparison videos on youtube of both the automatic fisherman (Heavy and complicated in my opinion) and the JawJacker. The JawJacker can be set up and ready to fish in about a minute. We originally bought them for just our second poles and the kids we often take on our trips but now that I have seen them in action they are alot of fun to watch.
[signature]
Ouch - got slapped by the jack in the jaw!
See you're using it in a tent. I was thinking I'd keep mine outside, but also as it'd be farther away.

What size/strengh pole are you using?

I haven't seen the automatic fisherman in person, but what I have seen- the jawjacker seems simpler, less pieces to set or attach. Packs down nice, and folds out good and sturdy.
[quote CoyoteSpinner]I haven't seen the automatic fisherman in person, but what I have seen- the jawjacker seems simpler, less pieces to set or attach. Packs down nice, and folds out good and sturdy.[/quote]

??? It doesn't look like there are as many pieces on an automatic fisherman to me. Here's a link to a comparison.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f15L821UKhE
[signature]
I called Sportsman's in Riverdale, and they said the only one they have in stock has a piece broken. So, I have to wonder how durable they are. I spoke with the lady from the jawjacker website, and she said they collect their orders daily and send them out the next day.
[signature]