Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maghunter - Contest Fish.
Maghunter, post your contest fish here.
[signature]
18.5 inch Henrys Hybrid. Pink paddle bug with worm.
[signature]
20 inch Henrys Brookie, pink paddle bug with worm

Wow its harder than I though to get a good picture with the fish flopping and trying to get it so you can clearly see the tape and the fish and the card. I had one or two that may have been bigger but I was worried about getting them into the water. They where within half an inch of these two so no biggie.
[signature]
[quote maghunter]Wow its harder than I though to get a good picture with the fish flopping and trying to get it so you can clearly see the tape and the fish and the card. [/quote]

Isn't it!

18.5 on the Cut, 20 on the Brook.
[signature]
Non game fish (chub), Snake River near shelley, perch jigging rapala with worm.
[signature]
Isn't that a large chub?
[signature]
It looks like a chub to me , but it don't realy matter it's still a trash fish . Nice catch cpierce . Curt G.
[signature]
I figured it didn't matter for the contest. I just thought it was a lunker of a chub. I haven't ever caught one that big. Of course I haven't been targeting them either! [laugh][laugh]
[signature]
I am no expert on non game fish identification. I caught a 19 incher last year that looked identical to these. I posted a picture on this site because I thought it might be a record chub. Most people agreed it was a white fish. I think the chubs are a little more golden in color, like a sucker.
[signature]
I am no expert either!!! And it is hard to tell from a photo. I was more curious than anything, as it looked really big for a chub, but too fat for a whitefish. Maybe someone else on here would know for sure.

All I really know is it isn't a brown trout! [laugh][laugh] Which was probably a bummer for you considering the big brown that came out of there last year.
[signature]
it's a chub alright - and a pretty good size one at that.
Whitefish (like all Salmonids - trout, salmon, etc.) have adipose fins. Chubs are in a different family (Cyprinidae, like carp and shiners etc.) and don't have an adipose fin.
That's probably the easiest way I can think to tell you how to tell the difference, also whitefish have funny little puckered mouths.
I don't know if this helps, that's my two cents.
Anyway, nice fish and good luck in the contest!
[signature]
13.5 no matter what you call it. Looks like a chub to me. Whitefish mouth is different. Whitefish would put it in the gamefish group. Seems most are calling it a chub, and that's what I think it is, so I'm leaving it in the Non-game fish category.
[signature]
Sounds good to me. All I know is it's not a monster brown [:|].
[signature]
It looks to be about the same size as my other Cut-Bow but I'll let you be the judge. Henrys, paddle bug, worm.
[signature]
Rainbow, Island Park Reservoir, Paddle bug, worm. Not a big one, I sure hope I can catch a bigger one before the season ends. Need to make a trip to Chesterfield.
[signature]
13.5 on the rainbow. The cut was the same.
[signature]
Got a bigger rainbow. Chesterfield, jig with meal worm.
[signature]
Nice healthy fish , good job. Curt G.
[signature]
Got you down for 20 inches on that one. That's not a fish, that's a PIG!
[signature]
Kokanee, Ririe, Pink Swedish Pimple with worm. I was hoping they were bigger this year. Maybe these are only 2013 spawners and there is a bigger age group in there somewhere.
[signature]