Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laguna Niguel Lake Trout Opener 11/21 And....

Hi TubeDude,

Did you ever fish Laguna Niguel Lake in Orange County, CA? The have always loved tubers and this year they are going to do their first trout plant on 11/18 and hold a special 'Tubers Only' tournament on 11/19 and 11/20. Awesome weekdays huh?

No only will only tubers be allowed on the lake during those two days but it's limited to the first 50 anglers.

As a pay-to-fish-lake, it's a pretty good operation. I can hardly wait! They've got Alpers and a couple of even hardier Utah bred fishies. Size? 44 acres but with some really good spots unaccessable by shore anglers. heh heh heh!

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]Hey, JR, that lake was developed after my departure from southern Cal. I fished the heck out of Irvine, and a lot of the San Diego lakes, but I have only heard bits and pieces about LN. I am impressed that hey have gone to the extent they have to encourage the flotation flotillas. Shows some class on their part.
[signature]
[size 4][cool]Hey JR,[/size]

[size 4]The only good thing about LNL is that no fishing license is required. Then again Lake Irvine doesn't require one either plus the launching of a float tube is only $5.00. But you are probably right that it would be fun to be out there with a whole bunch of tubers.[/size]

[size 4] Laguna Niguel Lake [/size]

[size 4]Open for fishing: 6am to 5pm – 7 days a week Day use fishing permit: Adult $16 – Youth $12[/size] [center][font "Times New Roman, Times, serif"][size 4][size 3](No State fishing license required)[/size][/size][/font][/center] [center][font "Times New Roman, Times, serif"][size 4]Float tube launch fee: $10 –( 6am to 5pm[/size][/font][/center]
[signature]
[size 2]$26.00 to fish a lake? Not to mention bait and beer[mad] I could take a 1/2 day boat out for that![crazy][/size]
[signature]
[cool]Hey JR,

Then again I would be there in a flash if one of these suckers would jump on my hook!!

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=847;]

[size 2]7th Annual Catch & Release Float Tube Event
( Float tubes ONLY – Barbless jigs or flies ONLY )[/size]

[size 2]Wednesday November 19th [/size]
[size 2]&[/size][size 2] Thursday November 20th
$40
Entry fee each day. Limited to 50 float tubes per day.[/size]

[size 2]* A raffle drawing will be held each day for a chance to win a Daiwa 9’ – 5wt Fly Rod![/size]
[size 2]2 Days Only! Reserve your spot Now!
[/size]
[size 2]Call 949-493-8196 and leave a call back number
[/size]
[signature]
[size 2]$40!! Ahhhh That's a 3/4 day boat![Wink][/size]
[signature]
Wooo guys $5.00 to launch a tube? Hope that idea doesn't come to Utah.
[signature]
[size 2]Yeah these lakes charge an average of $5 to launch a tube which get's launched from the shore![crazy][/size]

[size 2] You don't even use the ramp![mad] And it's only $3 more to launch a boat![unsure][/size]

[size 2] I heard some places charge up to $10 to launch a tube![shocked][/size]

[size 2] There out of there friggin mind to think I would pay that.[cool][/size]
[signature]
[cool]Yep. Californy is mighty proud of their fishin property...and they think everyone who lives in the state is made of money. They take a lot in, but they ain't managing it very well.

If Ahnold gets in, maybe he can "TERMINATE" the float tube launch fees. Yeah, right. Not a big enough voting base.
[signature]
I'm all for that, its not like the tube takes any space away from boat launching.

Go Ahnald Terminate them greedy folks
[signature]
[cool] That brings up a good subject. Castaic lake charges $6 per vehicle to get in. Now gone up to $7. They charge $6 per tube, toon or yak. (non motorized) and $7 for electric motorized craft.(small trolling motors only) But if you can be out of there by 9:00am there are no fees.
[signature]