Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Carolina Weekly Shallow Saltwater Report
South Carolina Weekly Shallow Saltwater Fishing Report<br>From 12-16-01 through 12-31-01<br><br>Once again, not much to report except that we guides are having some really good fishing! Now, it’s not so much the fish that are hard to find, it’s the clients to catch them! The weather has cooled and the water has cleared and the fish can be easily seen. Of course when we can see them easily, they can just as easily see us, so stealth is more important now. Normally we guides only get to fish together on rare occasions, but lately, we’ve had some really good times and good trips together. I’m not going to report on those trips except to say that the fishing for reds has been normal for this time of year and that the trout are not here in any real numbers. No surprise there. Instead of simply trying to find something to write about each week, I’m going to start posting this report twice each month unless something interesting occurs. I thank all of you that read and respond to this report and hope the events of the past year will not permanently affect the guides in our area of the US. It has taken SC quite a few years to get to the point where it considered to be an area where a fisherman can come and have numerous well qualified guides to choose from for a saltwater fishing adventure It would be a shame if the current business and travel problems were to cause some of these really talented and dedicated guys to have to get out of the business and find other jobs. I hope business will pick back up this year and save them. Good luck to all!!<br><br><br>Thanks, Gene Dickson<br><br>Delta Guide Service http://www.deltaguideservice.com<br>Georgetown, SC<br>1-843-546-3645<br><br>We are a saltwater fishing guide service located on the coast of South Carolina.