Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lake mead 12/19-20/11
[cool]Late post. My fishing buddy from calif.(sealfish) came out for a two fishing day blast. We hit 33 hole and the wash at gray light on sunday in our tubes. First few casts and a double hookup! The trap was working already. We kicked our way towards the wash and catching fish all the way. Most were in the 1-1.5lb class. Took a break then continued deeper in the wash. Dale starts hooking up on a fluke and passes the 20 mark. I try to catch up but come a couple short. We kept 7 total by the time we got back to the truck. Nice day in the rain and cloud cover. Monday we hit boulder harbor at gray light. Try eveyrthing and no love. Finally Dale gets a 2lber on the fluke and I soon follow with a nice 4lber. Slow fishing took us back to 33 hole. We kicked back down to the wash and caught a few fish each. We also got one 12" LMB each. We called it quits and made the long kick back. Another nice day on the water.
[signature]
I seen both of ya on Sunday in the Wash but not on Monday. We stayed all the way back for the most part in the wash.

Good job on catching them on something other than live shad. Been kicking my tail trying to find something they will eat that isn't alive. Caught a few on swimbaits but not very consistant at all for me.
[signature]
Hardcore! Hole 33 to the Las Vegas Wash kicking a tube. Great report, nice pics. Saw you all both days and never thought it might be you. [crazy] Next time I see a tube I'll stop by.
BaySport
[signature]
Excellent weekend, thanks to you and the wife for the hospitality.

Although I'm quite sure you were trying to kill me out there!

Lot's of work but way worth it. The fluke/scrounger combo really tore um up, fell back on something that works quite well on DVL I guess it works wherever the stripers are gorging themselves on shad. I was working it with a lot of start stops and jerks and you were on a steady retrieve, both seemed to be working equally as well.
[signature]
Nice work guys, thanks for reporting. I really wanted to get out sunday because of the awesome weather but didn't get a chance. Glad to see someone took advantage.
[signature]
Thanks guys. It was a little further than I normally kick but it was worth it. Glad that sealfish got to hammer some stripers.
[signature]