Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone know which lure or crankbait to use for saltwater down the South Jersey Shore?
I fish off of a peir down the shore and I need help to find which bait to use. I want to catch more fish. I also need a fishing scent for the fish. I heard that works[Smile]. I would like to know some info so it would help.

Thanks alot[Wink]
[signature]
[size 2]You would probably get a better response if you blast the east coast boards[unsure][/size]

[size 2] Good luck[Wink] Find a fishing partner yet?[/size]
[signature]
No I did not but thanks for your help[Smile]
[signature]
STINKS

there are numrous sents available on the shelves at your local store, choosing between which ones to use can be difficult.

I have found a product that is a redish in color and smells realy bad. it is a liquid and just a tiny drop on your lure is more than plenty. I have used this stuff on live bait as well and it makes a differance, I will be hauling them in when no one else is even getting a bite.

there are several names this product is sold under, I havent a clue what it is called in your area. but if you go to your local store you will see it on the shelf between the rest of the sents (stinks as I call them) this stuff smells so bad you can smell it out side of the bottle.

SPOONS AND LURES

extremelures.com has a line of some of the most fastinating lures you will ever want to look at, I have found my self just holding the lures and looking at them enchanted by the holigraphic finshes. [center]click on this pic to go to their site and look at all the fastenating lurs[/center] [center][url "http://www.extremelures.com"][Image: generalextreme125.gif][/url][/center] [center]Extremelures.com ie the only place where you can find MegaBait's full line of lures jigs and crank baits for both fresh and salt water adventures.[/center]
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]I am in North Carolina near the cost. Most fish will bite about the same things. What kind of fish are you trying to catch. That would help me to give you a better answer.

First, I would try to find out what other people are using to catch fish and try that. You could ask at tackle shops, but be warned most will try to sell you stuff you don't need. It will catch fish , but most of the time you don't need it. What I can tell you is around here from piers, most people use Got-cha jigs for casting. Bluefish, and Spanish Mackerel are the main fish for this lure from piers, but most all fish will hit it. Bucktails are also good for casting from piers. Then you have metal spoons, they can be casted with good results, but works best for jigging. You can cast the metal spoons out, let it go to the bottom, them jig it up about 3 or 4 foot, let it go back to the bottom, let it stay there for a few sec., the jig again and so on. Also works good if you put shrimp or cut fish on the hook to give it some smell. Please check with you state. Some states it is illegal to use some fish for cut bait. From the surf the same will apply, but the size will have to be bigger for long casting. Hope this help you. [/size][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the info and I think it would help. I have been trying to search for spoons and mostly crankbaits. Thanks[Smile]
[signature]
Thanks for the info daveclown. It should help and I would try the website. Is that website have the things I want for saltwater? I will check it out.
[signature]
How is the fishing in North Carolina please tell me all about it. I would like to know[Smile]
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Fishing here was slow before the storm. Now after the storm all the rivers are muddy and the only place to catch some good fish is offshore. Oregon inlet where I fish often has been catching fish but it’s a hit and miss thing. Last time I went, I caught two small bluefish and a small bat ray. I am going sometime this week to try again. Some good reports have been coming in where the ocean meets the sound in the last few days.

Our rock season it open now for inland waters. I went today but did not catch anything. Winds where 25 to 30 knots straight down the sound. Waves where 3 to 5 foot and the water was muddy. About 3 inches is as far as you could see the bait under the water.

Rivers and creeks have been good for nice Bream, Bass, crappies, and white perch. As far as the last few weeks . I have not heard of any fish being caught in 30 miles of my home other than a few. Last year a bad day you could catch 25 to 30 fish of some kind some where, But now one fish a day is good and three would be a great trip. If the wind stay west it should blow out this bad water and then come back in some clear water and hopefully a little salt with it.

Thanks for asking about the fishing here. I know fishing will get better in time.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the replie. I hope the fishing gets good near u. The fishing here in Penn. totally sucks. I really don't fish here becuase I go fishing down the shore in the summer and it gets cold here and I don't really want to fish here plus there are really not good fishing spots. Thanks for the reply. Keep in touch[Smile]
[signature]
When it gets slow,Piss em' off! Sad but True!,you can often work hard enough "One" type of lure and it will "ENTICE" the Bite! I seriously would recomend a surface lure,(pencil popper) or a Serious Wicked Surf/Fresh/Salt/Absolutely the finest REACTION LURE,and Viciously SHARP" thing on the water! HIGH ROLLER fishing lure's,flick'em,pop'm drive'em,YOU WILL GET HIT!Especialy on Flounder,this time frame,of Fall! See them for yourself at www.hroller.com "Ouch"! Remember: Zane Gray Fished 82 consecutive days without even a "Tap" in the South Pacific.To awake the following day to set a World record.Patience "PROMOTE'S" Power!
[signature]
Thanks you for that great replie! I like it alot and thanks for e info. I greatly appreacite it[Smile]
[signature]
I remember as a kid, my brother and I would visit our birthdad for a week each year. He'd take us to Morrow Bay and a few other beaches along the California Coast. We'd always go fishing after getting in several hours of flirting with the girls and trying to get their phone numbers. Haha. Never succeeded. But one gal kissed both of us on the cheek one year. Said we were too cute.

Anyway, we'd get up on the pier and fish over the side with snelled hooks and dead fish hooked through the head. We had our share of decent catches although I had no clue what I was doing.

One particular year, the catch seemed to be real good. Everybody was catching something. There were a couple guys that were using something that to me resembled a Muskie lure... nice large crankbait. Both of them ended up catching sharks around the 36 inch mark.

Not sure what you're going for but sometimes big is good.
[signature]
That was a cool story. I bet thst was te best lure to use huh?
[signature]