Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greys Fly Rod
Hi folks,
Bout a week ago, I picked up a Greys G series 3 piece 8ft 6in 4/5 wt flyrod for 25 bucks at a garage sale. Normally dont do garage sales,but i saw a flyrod case so i stopped to take a look. The lady said 25 bucks so I paid her and left. Thought it was a pretty good deal. Took it home,loaded it up with sharkskin and waited for an opportunity. That came yesterday.
Met Joni at the Willow around 11. Man was it cold. North wind was steady and
affected casting and temperature pretty good. About 1/3 of the pond has open water still, all on the east side.
Tied on a # 10 olive bugger and started casting. What a smooth casting rod.
Full casts were smooth and accurate and the roll casts were just as good. Best 25 bucks I have spent in a long time.
Fishing was slow but we each managed a couple. Last couple times at willow the olive bugger has produced fish. Did I mention it was cold?? We didn't stay very long because it was just flat out uncomfortable. My old fingers were not working so well even with the gloves.[crazy]

Merry Christmas to all of you
Stay safe and please don't drink and drive

Joni had a interesting experience with a dead bird and live fish. Will let her tell about it if she is so inclined.
[signature]
Sweet find.
[signature]
Great seeing you again Pa. MAN was it cold. That wind was terrible.
I did a full write up about the bird on the General Fly Fishing board, what a trip! Poor fish swimming around connected to a bird and now a fly hanging out of it's mouth.
Worth going back to try and get it again...LOL
Merry Christmas to all.
[signature]
Poor fish! I would be temped to take a spin rod and a treble below a bobber to try and snag the line or the ...ick... bird.

Great find, Pa!
[signature]