Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsie River report ?
Its been a week since Iwas there any report on the betsie ?
OVER NEAR THE HOMESTEAD RESORT IS A GUY THAT SAYS YOU WON'T BE DISAPPINTED , WITH THE RECENT RAINS YOU SHOULD BE VERY PLEASED . YES , THERE IN !

REMEMBER , THERE ARE PARTS OF THAT RIVER THAT HAVE SPECIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS TO FOLLOW , MAKE SURE TO READ UP ON THEM BEFORE HEADING OUT . IT MIGHT JUST SAVE YOU FROM A TICKET .

GLAD TO SEE YOU ON THE BOARDS . WELCOME , AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TRIP .

I MET A FEW GUYS FROM THAT AREA , LOCAL GUYS , THEY WERE THE BEST AT GIVING SOME HELPFULL ADVICE TO HELP ME CATCH AND LAND MY FIRST KING .
[signature]
I was up there a couple weeks ago and landed 3 around 15-19lbs with squid but the weekend got busy no open holes and lots of friggin snaggers

should be good this week and next hopfully.
yea , i don't go for snagging at all . been acused of it becouse of one of my rods .

daytime i use the light rigging , it's awsome fishing that way . at night i use the stiff rod with a stronger line , not heaver , stronger . thats because i'm getting my fish in before getteng snaged by those overcasting bone heads that come rushing in at dusk . you know , the big treble hook chumps .

on long trips to the west or east side every waking moment is spent on fishing , anything else would be a waste of time .

i use chuck n duck on both rods . i'm pretty new to it and i love it . always belived in leaving the banks a little cleaner too . i used to join a steelhead group in flatrock for there river clean-ups , pretty good bunch of guys there .

i pretty much fish for sport and food .

you been doing it long ?
[signature]
Hey steelhead,uh I mean steelfishin,do you want me to scan,reduce,and jpeg your Salmon photo? I can PM it to you on this site,or your email at work.[crazy]
FC
[signature]
I DIDN'T SEE ANY STEEL ON THE AU SABLE SO FAR , I KINDA FIGURE THEY'LL BE COMING IN SOON THOU . ONLY A FEW EARLY COHO'S , SAW A COUPLE SNAGGED AND KEPT .

RIGHT NOW THE BIG FISH ARE GOBBLING UP THE SMALL BUGS OFF THE BOTTOM , YOU'LL GET A KEEPER THAT WAY .( VERY SMALL BUGS ) I GUESS THERE GROOMING UP THE NESTS IN ORDER TO ATTRACT THE ANTICIPATED FEMALES .
[signature]
p[mit to this site boy ya give a guy a computer and in a couple years they are goin nuts [Wink]
Have you been up to frankienmouth up by the dam in town?
[signature]
[center][font "Arial"][#000000][size 2][/size][/#000000][/font][/center][font "Arial"][#000000][size 2]Frankenmuth ? no[/size][/#000000][/font]

I have been up on the north west side mostly, I may try the platte as well leaving today around 4pm