Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns at Deer Creek?
Thanks so much for the info, everyone! Too many posts to reply to everyone individually but there's some great information here. Thanks all!
[signature]
i have caught a few. lol 2 weeks ago on a recon gps mission i busted 1 about 4 pounds in 36 ft with a kokanee jigging spoon.
[signature]
Nice! You were fishing from a boat?
[signature]
TD, haven't seen a pic of Greg for many years. That was great to see !! Thanks !!

For those wanting to hunt down a big brown, as long as the lake stays ice free, now is the time to give it a shot !!
Last summer me and my husband were up there and he caught a big brown, fat and healthy. It was the biggest fish he's caught out of DC so far. Of course we didn't get to measure/weigh it... it wanted RIGHT back in that water lol. (hubby was pretty bummed we didn't have a chance to get a picture) But I'd say around 4 or 4 1/2 pounds. It was down by the docks near the campground, on a minnow. But other than that, we've never caught any others out of DC.
[signature]
Cool story, thanks! Sorry you didn't get to weigh or measure but it's still a fun day! [Wink]
[signature]
i got one ice fishing that hit me on my way up to re bait it was a fiesty 15 incher but healthy.
[signature]
+1 on the browns being down on the bottom by the perch. Over the last 2 ice seasons my brother and I have pulled out about 10 browns. Most are chunky and healthy 16-18 inchers. Though last year I caught one that went 24.

They are deffinately there, and seem to like going after perchies.
[signature]
here is one of me and my boys trips to deer creek the brown was about 23 inches
[signature]
Wow, nice!! Thanks for sharing [Smile]
[signature]