Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake
If you were at Fish Lake yesterday you knew who we were because my brother would holler every time he would catch a fish. We were the noisiest people on the lake and probably the biggest part. We had eight people come a long 2 of which have never been ice fishing and when the ice would sing and crack they would start running for shore. Fish Lake is only frozen on the south end but the ice thickness is about 8 inches. We caught a lot of fish in between all of us we caught 80 fish. Mostly splake in the 16 inch range. We only caught 5 perch. Caught one little lake trout that was 12 inches. It was a lot of fun.
[signature]
Sounds like a great day! Surprised you only had 5 perch, though.
[signature]
It was a fun trip with the boys. The boys were all acting like they were 12 again. I had a ball.
[signature]
I am headed down to fish lake on fri for the weekend. How deep of water was you fishing in?
[signature]
We were 36 to 45 feet of water.
[signature]
[quote Duckbutter]Sounds like a great day! Surprised you only had 5 perch, though.[/quote]

Given the depth just reported (over 35 feet), they were likely fishing beyond the weedline where the perch hangout.
[signature]
I tried for perch at about 8-12 feet and still wasn't as fast as it usually is.
[signature]
Was there any ice down towards joe's bush and the bowery? Headed down for a four day at the end of the month and usually do really well down that way. Called the lodge and they said there was open water down by twin creeks but not real sure down that way. Any comments always appreciated thanks
[signature]
It was sill open water as of Monday
[signature]