Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
we got SNOW !
THAT'S RIGHT , I GOT UP TO LET MY HUNTING BUDDY "JOSIE THE WONDER MUTT" GO OUTSIDE TO TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS AND LOW AND BEHOLD , SNOW !

3/4" OF THE FLUFFY WHITE STUFF COVERING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT !

SHARPEN THOSE ICE JIGGS , RESPOOL THOSE ICE RODS , HONE THAT SPUD , AND ARMORALL THAT 5 GAL . BUCKET , WELL BE ICE FISHING BY HALLOWEEN , LOL !

I KINDA SUSPECTED WINTER WAS COMING SOON , LAST WEEKEND ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE STATE THE BEACH BUNNIES WERE WEARING WOOL BEKINI'S !
[signature]
Congratulations! You got the snow that missed us. The clouds were here when it was too warm. By the time it got cold enough to snow the sky was clear. You lucky duck!

Don't worry, a heatwave is on the way. You'll be able to thaw out one more time.

So, why are you armor-all'ing your buckets?
[signature]
heat ? i'm from michigan , we ain't had much of that stuff this year .
[signature]
You obviously missed our July and August heatwaves. High's in the 90's, heat-index making it feel like 100+.

And yes, we've got a heatwave coming! Too bad I'll be at work. Of course, I did tell my boss that if we get a couple nice warm days, don't expect me to show up. Smile
[signature]
YOU CAN HAVE SOME OF OUR HEAT I CAN'T WAIT TO GET SOME OF THAT WONDERFUL WHITE STUFF.
[signature]
i like iy from november 14 th thru newyears day , after that it can go back to the artic , giive me sun for fun !
[signature]
well, you can get your arizonia or bust sign back out, I like ice shortly after turky day till st patties day. [Tongue][Tongue][Tongue]
[signature]
I kind of like it through feb. I like to get out there with the good old snow board and have some fun.

but I also prefer the sun for fun.
[signature]
You can have fun in the sun on your snowboard! Every winter, when we have a sunny day, it looks so nice and warm outside. I forget that it's only 10° outside. Brrr! Learn my lesson quickly when I walk outside in shorts and t-shirt.

I personally prefer to have snow from December 7th until end of February. When March hits, bring on the heat!
[signature]
yea you can have fun in the sun on my snowboard but then you end up looking like a raccon. which is always fun.
[signature]
You actually wear sunglasses out there on the snow? Hmmm, maybe I should try that while skiin' the slopes. Might not hit as many trees or people. [crazy][crazy][angelic]
[signature]
TUBE DUDE HAS A PIC OF ME , SHORTS , FISHING VEST AND SUNGLASSES , MUSTA BEEN 10 BELOW THAT DAY , IT WAS A HEATWAVE !
[signature]
ding ding , round two is on it's way !
[signature]
for the entire firearm deer season there hasn't been enough snow for a decent snowcone , now the very day after it closed , SNOW !!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE FORTH YEAR IN A ROW THIS HAS HAPPENED . [mad]GGGRRRRRRRR !
[signature]
[cool] Maybe next year you'll plan ahead and place your order a little earlier. haaa haa.[Tongue]

Hang in there buddy. You just have to learn to dry track them little bambies. Just in case you got something I posted a recipie on the fish and game recipie forum on the fishingmessageboard. Check it out. You might like it.[Smile]
[signature]
we had one inch of snow last saturday morn, I took advantage of it. I walked the entire park I was hunting. only a doe and a fawn in the park.

the morn was prity as what you would expect santas castle to look like.

aside of that the snow was gone by 3 pm. I of cource was done deer hunting by 9:30 am. no point in wondering those woods any longer. it has been a waist of time and gass to drive back and forth to get there. that is out side of that other thing that I found in those woods that I mentioned in an earlier post. so I guess it is worth the trip.

we got temps below freezing tonight, hopfully we will get some ice now.
[signature]
I hope we get snow before my vacation.

At least let the lakes freeze up really well[Smile][Smile]
[signature]
Hi Daniel

are talking school vacation or from the job?

in eather case I want to see my buddies up at alpine valley ski lodge playing on the hill tops soon my self.

I take it you like to spend an hour or so on the ice? what do you like to target most?
[signature]
hey if you are in the neighborhood , we can set you up with some ice fishing time and show you the ropes . it will be a week or two for safe ice here in the middle of the mit but i can travel thru most of the state for some fishing time .

now if you wanna learn from a real pro ya' gotta talk to the ice fishing king , davetclown ! i don't know his secret but he outfishes me all the time !
[signature]
I would love to fish in Michigan, but atlas, I am no where near you. I live in Utah near the great salt lake. Thanks for the offer though.

I have a general question:

I weigh about 220 with everything on, how thick would the ice have to be to have safe Ice to drill and fish on?

Thanks!
[signature]