Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What type of line?
8 years ago I moved to Pittsburgh PA from West Michigan. I soon found out there are no fish in this area compared to what I was use to in Michigan so I flipped my boat upside down and put the fishing tackle in storage.

My boys are getting older and want to fish so I'm taking them to Shinning Tree in Ontario Canada for a week of fishing with my dad, dad in law and brother in law.

From what my dad in law tells me, 6 guys in 4 days will catch 600- 1000 pike. They consider a "catch" if the fish touches the boat in any way. Waiting to see that one myself.

Now since I have been out of fishing for 8 years I'm really out of the loop on line for my spin casting reals. I was told to bring nothing less than 20lb line.

I would love suggestions on what type line you would suggest for darker water fishing for pike in May.
[signature]
go with a good quality braided line.ive been on a power pro kick lately.if your throwing a lure you like, i always put a steel leader on it.pike arent line shy, as a matter of fact, they arent shy.pike , musky are the top predator, eating ducks, muskrats,moles, mice,and anything that swims.so go big,and throw it with confidence.
....and bring a few red/white eppinger daredevils.
[signature]
I'm also on the PowerPro kick...I've been trolling for walleyes with it and its awsome string...don't have to really set the hooks hard...just alittle pull and reel steady..and you can't beat it for casting it's real smooth....alittle pricey but excellent..UGLYSTIK52
[signature]