Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burbot Bash No Fun For This BFT member
I hate to be negative on the Burbot Bash. Let me tell you a quick story. Walked in a day after it started. paid the 35.00. Being from Utah and first time Burbot bashers,We were excited to try it out. We ask the people at the Marina. Where a good place would be to catch the wily one. Reply was Rude Rude Rude. Example If you go out and get stuck on the lake from the ice breaking, and we have to come and get you. Its 100.00 dollars each to pull you off the ice. We said ok. Told them we were first timers to the bash. And asked were to go to help rid the lake of this sea creature. The reply: How would we know we are in the marina laugh laugh laugh from a bunch of locals. OK thanks we left. Never got a bite all night long. Talked to six other guys would received the same treatment. They like us were not going back again. PS Wyo people don't like Utah people
[frown]
[signature]
Not all Wyo people are that way. Sorry you had a bad experience. I have lots of people come from Utah to the Sulphur Derby and I'm grateful that they do. I think it makes the derby a lot better and hope they continue to come. I also have buddies in Utah that I've been hunting and fishing with and they are awesome guys. There are a few out there that give everyone else a bad rap, it's like saying that no one in Utah knows how to drive........ha ha just most of them. Point of this reply is to help keep you interested in the fishing derbies, even in Wyoming. I'll be glad to go fishing with or help most people and if you want to try another derby come to the Sulphur one on Feb. 4th, and I'll even try and help get you on some fish.
[signature]
Sorry to hear that, but not to supprising. Please don't judge all Wyo. people by those at the marina, they are rude to everyone no matter where they're from. The majority of Wyo. people are nice and will help you if they can.( like people everywhere)
[signature]
Well hate to assume but I'm assuming its the BuckBoard Marina?.... I and others have had the same treatment over the years. But not all, I have heard from others that frequent that marina saying the have always been treated well. Guess you need to catchem on the right day? I certainly wouldn't let them keep you from fishing the Bash though. There are tons of great guys willing to splurg info on where to look and what to use. The best info I got for the Bash time frame is 5 to 30 feet. Glow spoons, tubes, and grubs tipped with chub meat. Most important stay away from all the crowds. Noise = slow fishing. Move around till you findem. Hope to seeya there!
[signature]
Actually check out the Wyoming board, there are quite a few guys on there that are more than willing to share how to catch the ugly critters. I've seen several posts from the Ling King Fishley telling a lot of good tips.
[signature]
I can verify, it was the buckboard marina. Walked out feeling like the tourists we were. All we were trying to do is help the fishery and have a good time. They did not ruin the experience, we still had fun. But we wont go back.

Its funny how you encounter locals who think they own the place. You can bet if the fishing is better than the average, locals do not want you there. Henrys lake in Idaho is a perfect example-or the kenai in alaska;
[signature]
The Tanners that run Buckboard Marina need their lisense pulled! They are the rudest and most rotten folks I've encountered on the water. I can't believe Wyoming lets them rule the place the way they do.
[signature]
Hate to keep pounding this drum, but the folks at Buckboard were the worst I have experienced. Simple questions from a first timer at the Burbot seemed to put them out and we got the same speech on getting stuck. We won't be back to Buckboard for the Burbot Bash or in the Summer time either. I have been from Sulphur Creek to Wiperfest at Willard bay and those guys appreciate the effort and support. They help, advise and thank you for the business.
Not At Buckboard.. Good Luck
[signature]
Welcome to the "Manila Mentality". I have come to expect that kind of treatment. Heck, I'd think I had arrived in the wrong town if it was any different.
[signature]
A freind and I have had several verbal encounters. They have actually tried telling us we can't fish from our 'toons around the docks! We just keep raising their blood pressure and flipping them off.
[signature]
i live in greenriver and they treated me the same way they dont realize that we fishermen pay their bills we should all get together and picket their fishing derbys and let more people know that they dont care for the people that pay their bills i will never spend my money their ever again but i will help picket them.
[signature]
Sorry to hear that you all have had such bad experiences with the folks at Buckboard. Yes, we all have some bad days once in a while and I can guarantee that if I was penned up inside that store in the middle of winter and getting bombarded, I would get a little crotchety too.

I have been treated great over there and will continue to go over there. So, for all you that are not going, fine with me. I will have the place to myself.
[signature]
Hello, I organize and hold the Fishing 4 Down Syndrome derbies on Flaming Gorge Reservoir. This weekend is our Burbot Classic. Here in Wyoming we all don't look at Utah residents as anyone different....we do share the lake with Utah. This weekends 2nd Annual Jigging 4 Wyoming-Utah Down Syndrome not only focuses on Wyoming Down Syndrome, but we are also supporting the Utah Down Syndrome Foundation. I have been pretty surprised on how much interest from Utah residents I have received this week. As for Buckboard Marina, they have always been more than welcoming to me and Les Tanner is probably one of the nicest guys I know. Yes they do get grouchy at times, but who doesn't? Especially when they are monitoring their big marina... I know if I had a $80,000 boat slipped I would want the owner of the marina making sure it was in safe hands. I guess is what I am trying to say is don't let one bad experience or feeling keep you from coming back up. Fishing 4 Down Syndrome welcomes all of you from Utah to our derby and we will make sure that you leave happy. Also we are behind and supporting of all the rest who hold derbies on Flaming Gorge Reservoir. I also must say...like myself lots of us have family in Utah. My daughter will be 3 in March and was born with Down Syndrome. She and her mom live in Lehi. Let's all get along and stop with the negative posts towards Wyoming,Utah, and especially Buckboard Marina. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN FISHING THE BURBOT CLASSIC THIS WEEKEND PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL OR SHOOT ME AN EMAIL FOR MORE INFORMATION.

-RICHIE KAUMO
307-389-2196
fishing4downsyndrome@gmail.com
[signature]
Seems like cheese should be passed out with all this whining,,,,, dont it?

Anyone got the number for the whambulance??[crazy]
[signature]
I have found that once you get away from the FG area most people I have met in WY. are a great bunch of people. We rarely get turned down when asking permission to hunt on private properties for big game and have had people come to our camp and ask us to kill some deer on their ranch because of crop damage. Like I said very friendly and we have even found quite a few Packer fans LOL. I wish all the best for the bourbot tournaments.
[signature]
[Wink] Don, your killing me.
[signature]
LOL!! [Wink]
[signature]
I'm a white cheese kind of guy, and a good Merlot will be nice![sly]
[signature]
Damn alcholic! You sould be ashame of yourself!!
Pass me a boiler maker before ya start whinin' bout anything.. I'll try ta choke it down.. [Wink]
[signature]
Boatfisher, that's a poor experience, but you should know the Flaming Gorge, Green River, and Rock Springs Chambers of Commerce actually organize the "Burbot Bash", not Buckboard Marina. Buckboard volunteers their facilities for the opening ceremony and check-in stations throughout the event, much like they do for other tournaments.
[signature]