Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday 1/22/12 Lake Mead
Launched at Boulder Harbor about 5:30am in the darkness. Started trolling shad imitation swimbaits right off the bat. Trolled along boulder beach towards Hemmingway. About 7am started some vertical jigging around hemmingway, got three dinks. Decided to troll with the electric motor and with AC plugs on planner boards. NOTHING. Shot over to crawdad cove, picked up three more dinks on the jig again. Tried trolling in the wash with downriggers 50 to 100 ft down, nothing again. Got off the water about noon, six dinks all on vertical jigging in about 60 feet of water. Nothing on lures. Not many people out there, guess Saturday wind scared them off. Saw two boats in the wash bait fishing in 160ft of water. All in all not bad, havent been fishing in four weeks but i did get to see an awesome sun rise.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. This can be a challenging time of year for mead stripers. Were you marking any fish on your finder or were you blind jigging?
[signature]
Dinks are good eating, especially when smoked.
[signature]
When i was trolling i would mark fish on the bottom. I would place a marker on the gps and roll up the lines and head back and jig.
[signature]