Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Falls Access Points
[Wink] Where are the best access points for Ice Fishing at American Falls?

On google I can see a road along the west side about 2 miles north of the boat ramp. Can you get on the ice with a wheeler there????
[signature]
only if you can build a jump to get over the open water around the edges.[Smile]
[signature]
the open water is horrible right now. i live in aberdeen so i see the res progression most of the time, at least once a week. right now the access on the south end is non existant, its about 25 yds or so of open water by the boat dock just off of hwy 39. i couldnt get a good look at the access on the other side over by the marina but i dont expect it to be much better. the access in big hole by aberdeen is a little better but if your gonna go out there make sure you have a plank, i was going to go today but being so new to ice fishing i didnt trust the ice. we are getting snow in aberdeen right now and the temps are dropping a little but still over freezing and expected to get into high 30s possible 40s thru out the week. im hoping itll drop enough at night to let me get back out on the deck by next saturday, either way ill post any findings on the forum
[signature]
Thanks for the info guys...they cancelled the the ice fishing derby because of the conditions. If we get a cold snap where it is safe to get on again I would like to give this monster pond a try anyway. Sounds like a great place.
[signature]