Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bear and Willard
We fished the Bear and Willard today. Caught alot of really small channels, so we decided to hit Willard on the way home.Caught one 12 channel cat. Kept getting little tapers and my son finally hooked one and it was a wiper about 5 inches long.We didn't have much gear with us so we threw on a white rooster tail and started ripping the little wiper. I have never seen wiper this small. My son got about 30 of them, I got about 20.They may not be very big but they sure are fiesty.I couldn't believe the water level at Willard. This was the first time I have been out there since the spring.
[signature]
Are you sure they werent the Gizzard Shad that the Wipers feed on that you were catching???

The water level almost brings a tear to my eye! Just knowing there is a state record out their with my name on it and no way to launch my boat makes me even more depressed!
[signature]
I thought that at first but when we pulled one in they were wiper.
[signature]
Teroy, I'm not sure where icefool was fishing but last Sunday afternoon when Wiperslayer and I were fishing the S/W corner there was a guy fishing from shore that had caught over thirty wiper that were between 6 and 8 inches. WH2
[signature]
I was fishing off the west side
[signature]
You were probably into the same school, I think they are the fish they planted earlier this year that were about an inch long. If they make it through the winter and we get some water, they should be 12 to 14 inch wipers next spring. WH2
[signature]
Hopefully we get some water because there were alot of them and they are quite the scrapers for their size.We were about half way up the dike on the west side, there were alot of minnows along the bank.
[signature]