Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
34 inch 10lb Northern

Most lakes are not frozen,
many people have fallen though including yours truly.

a few of us are tip-towing out on the ice knowing full well at any moment we can go down.

the bite has been slow,

I did manage to pull up a 34 inch 10 pounder a couple days ago .

[url "http://javascript:;"][Image: DSCN1636.JPG][/url]

Be smart, Be safe, Stay off the ice.
[signature]
Glad to see your hot on the Pike again this year. 40 degrees here, no ice.
[signature]
Nice catch!
[signature]
thanks.

52 degreese here yesterday, I sat out on my 2 inch pach of ice all day to catch my limit of gills, I dare not go out today, it hasnt droped below freezing in two days now... the ice was growning and moning yesterday.

temps susposed to hit 47 today, I think it may or has already. sure feels like it with all the sun.

not susposed to drop below freezing till sat night.. so I guess I am off the ice again for at least a week.. "give me time to eat a couple gills and a pike or two..[:p]
[signature]
Thanks, Yesterday I managed a 17 inch LMB on two pound test line with a white jig and a green gulp wax worm.

[url "javascript:;"][Image: DSCN1641.JPG][/url]

sure was worried I was going to loose my jig, I havent changed jig since the middle of last year, "yes I retie it at least once a day." [cool]

not sure but I think this photo may have some artisitc value,, check out the sun glasses.[Wink]

and yes the bass went back in the water, it is out of season and was not my entended target.
[signature]