Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ice fishing with flygoddess flies
hit chesterfield up here north of utah and did ok using FG's stuff. figured I'd show you her poop works even in the ice cube
gold bead head hares ear jig and an irish spring chronomid. Time to build me more FG.
[signature]
great pics and post... looks awful cold though.. LOL
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif]I agree with you Bro. Saw ice once this month when it got down to 28º one morning and the water from my sprinklers froze. Sure would like to catch one like that without all that snow. BTW it truly is me. HAGD all.
[signature]
Welcome back migo.... Why would we not believe its you .. .? [Smile]

I grew up in the Midwest but never thought of fishing in the winter and guarantee the blood s too thin now [Smile]
[signature]
On one of my trips to the Eastern Sierras in late May, stopped in the town of Bishop to wet a line. Well the CFS was too much for a fly line. In addition the water was muddy, the wind howling so I packed it in. Some guys at the local Elks Lodge [just had to wet my whistle] suggested fishing in the foothills to the west. Temperature that afternoon was abt 85º. So the next morning early I headed to the west. Bishop is abt 4000'. I hit 9000' [above the snow level] where the temperature was a cool 28º. OMG what a contrast. Ice had formed on the edge of a weir that I planned to fish. Fish were small but all were wild. I was dressed for the occasion so I didn't mind the cold. Water temps was abt 36-38º. Have waded in rivers while it was snowing, but who cares when one is rewarded with a few fish and beautiful scenery.
[signature]
Id really not mind that much as long as I had the right clothes on and someone with me that knew what they were doing in case things started getting hairy...:-)

MacFly
[signature]