Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COMBAT FISHING
WELL IT HAPPENS EVERY NOW AND THEN , THE JERK COMES OUT FROM UNDER THE TRASH HEAP AND STANDS (ACTUALLY NUDGES HIS WAY IN LIKE A TICK )NEXT TO YOU , SLINGING HIS ROD EVERY WHICH WAY , WHIPPING HIS ROD INTO YOURS , TRING TO FISH RIGHT UNDER YOUR LINE .
THE SIMPLE " HEY THERE BUDDY , DO YOU MIND ?" HAS NO EFFECT ON THIS CLOWN ( NO OFFENCE DAVE ). WHAT DO YOU DO BEFORE RESORTING TO SHOVING THE GUY IN FOR A SWIM ?
IT'S COMBAT FISHING TIME FELLAS , TIME TO DIG DOWN DEEP AND GET RUDE AND CRUDE .

WHAT'S YOUR METHOD OF GETTING THE DELBERT TO SKI=DATTLE AWAY ?
[signature]

[signature]
this is where you pull out you bft rod and put on your spare spool of 20 pound steel wire line and give one good yank, you will eather pull his line in the drink or snap his line. he will get the message eather way.
[signature]
lol ! i've done that one ! usually it takes two times , then i let the words fly . there not fit to be published here .
[signature]
[cool] Hey there Lonehutere. Here in Cali, we plan for that all the time. It usually only takes a good sized bean burrito the night before accompanied by a couple of hard boiled eggs and a beer or two. You will now become a lethal weapon and insect repellant all in one. But one word of caution!! Don't fall into the water at all costs because you will also put yourself on the food chain for large catfish. ha ha.
[signature]
[size 2]Funny you mentioned that. I was fishing off the pier alittle while back and had a couple poles out.[/size]

[size 2] I start hitting little perch so this guy comes over and starts fishing right next to me. I mean like 2'.[shocked][/size]

[size 2] And of course we get tangled. The first time I shrung it off with a friendly why don't you move down just alittle.[sly][/size]

[size 2] So he did. Then he cast back towards the same area again tangling me up. This time I just cut his line![mad][/size]

[size 2] He didn't like it and I didn't care. I told that knucklehead once before.[mad][mad][/size]

[size 2] I have also had knuckleheads come over when I am catching live bait and want to fish right next to me.[shocked][/size]

[size 2] Basically because I chummed first and got the schools and they want to take advantage.[unsure][/size]

[size 2] Not no more. Guy starts getting to close, I let out a yell to keep your distance.[mad][/size]

[size 2] Only place I will tolerate that now is the charters obviously[Wink][/size]
[signature]
BFT COMANDOS !

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE VET OF THE FISHING WARS .

OUR ""ENEMY" HERE ARE A LITTLE RUDER , STEPPING ONE OF THERE FEET IN FRONT OF YOU OR CASTING OVER YOUR BACK AS SOON AS YOU HOOK A FISH . I'M SALMON FISHING , THERE SNAGGING .

I THINK A SPRAY BOTTLE OF SKUNK ESSENCE OR FOX URINE WILL DO THE TRICK THIS WEEKEND , TEE HEE HEE !
[signature]
[cool]well down here when they get that close,i keep my 44 on me and yell snake then pop off a few rounds.
[signature]
i like that!

sm
[signature]
Or then there is the guy who wades out 40 ft. in front of you, up to his nipples, standing on the spot you just hooked a nice steelhead!

I usually land a 1 oz. wieght just to the left of his armpit a few times and they start to feel like they've walked out down-range at the gun club.

Really though...A five minute walk over rough ground, or thick brush leaves all the turkeys behind, and puts whole new light on the day, and mayby a few extra fish on your tally!
[signature]
[size 2] Someting I hate is I have a pontoon tube. I try to keep a good distance from the shore when I see anglers there. But sometimes if that's where the fish are you want some too.[/size]

[size 2] But still being respectful at the same time. So I am a good distance off shore casting back towards shore. These guys start yelling at me," Stay a 100' away " I told them get a measuring tape and come out[sly][/size]

[size 2] So I start casting fishing the surface and BAM! Hook up, nice catfish, then another.[/size]

[size 2] These guys on shore are still yelling. Now keep in mind, I have not tangled up there lines or blocked them from casting so I ignored them.[/size]

[size 2] BAM another catfish, as I am putting him in the net one of these [url "mailto:a@@holes"]a@@holes[/url] on shore puts on a large weight and cast it out as hard as he could.[/size]

[size 2] It hit's about 3' feet in front of me. Now they are laughing and shaking hands. So I paddle over grab his line and yank his pole in the water[mad][/size]

[size 2] Now he is really screaming
[/size][size 2]( remember I am floating like 50+feet from shore ) they guy starts swimming out to me![/size]

[size 2] As he is swimmimg towards me I call the lake and advise them some idiot is swimming in it. [/size]

[size 2] Some guy comes out in a boat picks the guy up and takes him back to shore. The whole time the guy is screaming
[/size][size 2]"He stole my pole "
( Remember I pulled it into the water maybe 3' in front of him[laugh])[/size]

[size 2] But never actually touched the pole. So anyway he goes to the shop and actually tries to rent a boat so he can come out and have words with me. The lake refused to rent him one.[/size]

[size 2] He actually proceeded to attempt to take a boat off the dock. He was tackled by employees and held until the Sheriffs arrived.[/size]

[size 2] My day ended with 5 catfish and his ended up with grand theft. Boat w/ motor was worth like $1,000.[/size]

[size 2] This happened at SARL in 2001. Pretty crazy. Word to the wise. Keep a 100' of the shore otherwise be prepared to deal with these idiots!![/size]
[signature]

Hey there lonehunter,

I very seldom stillfish but last Monday I went to a park lake and tried for our little Catfish friends. It's 7:30 at night, dark and the park's 20 some acre lake is almost deserted. This guy and wifey and son walk half-way around the lake and set up 6 to 8 feet away.

The fool casts his and his son's line out in close proximity to my line, over his son's protest. He laughs and says 'It don' matta' so I'll hear. The son reels in and snags my line. I look at the father and mock the guys words then laugh like crazy and ask him if it's just him being an idiot or was it his whole family, smiling, laughing, and shaking my head while looking at the other members of this troop. Of course, then nodding to myself with a self-satisified look and saying out loud to myself 'yep these half-wits don't have the brains to walk straight.

The guy that was laughing at first, making sure his son heard him give me a bogus excuse while making sure they knew he wasn't serious, slowly realized I was getting the best of him on the 'no respect' deal.

I gathered up my stuff slowly and walked away laughing and shaking my head. Added aloud a few more tid bits on there appearance, etc. The wife got really up-tight and pulled the kid by the hand back to their car and the 'big man' gathered up their poles and followed wifey and kid 40 feet behind.

See if he approaches me again! Oh ya, set up again, but no kittys came out to play. I do have two large white ducks that hang out and always welcome me quacking. They know I've got a nice fresh slice of bread for them.

This park and lake are patroled heavily so it's about as safe as you can get!

JapanRon
[signature]
Real nice report JR. Sound like a successfull fishing trip. You got your point across to the intruder and perhaps helped him out in the long run. The old man may have very well learned a valuable lesson in fishing.
[signature]
[size 2]Was that El Dorado? I have heard some real scumebags go there sometimes[unsure] ( present company excluded of course )[/size]

[size 2]My friend took his wife and kid over there to teach him to fish and these young gang banging looking guys were heckling them the whole time and even tried to steal there ghetto blaster as the dad and mom were fishing.[/size]

[size 2] Really Sad. I have heard that the Park Rangers and even LBPD and cracking down more on issues like that.[/size]
[signature]

Hi there TubeN2,

Nope, I don't think I could have taught that smart-mouthed jerk a single thing and I wouldn't have normally wasted as much of my time as I did. It was the youngster that I was trying to impress with the wrongness of his male role-model (maybe dad)!

Most adults are hopeless with my approach, but kids seem to get it pretty fast. They often are honest enough to acknowledge right and wrong.

JapanRon
[signature]

Hi there releaseit,

Nope, it was Cerritos Park Lake. The catfish anglers hang really close to one another in one spot in front of the main office but they go every day, know each other, and have identified the most consistant spot to share. (about 20 yards of shoreline) That's cool.

I was on the one point nearest the restroom/BBQ facility. Pretty good catfish spot!

JapanRon
[signature]
[size 2] I assume you need a fresh water license like El Dorado right? My license it saltwater only.[/size]

[size 2] 90% of my freshwater fishing is at " Pay to Play lakes "[/size]
[signature]

Hey there releaseit,

Yes, I believe that a City or County (Regional) park lake requires a DFG license, other than the two free fishing day a year. So at El Do it's 5 bucks to get in and a DFG freshwater fishing license. If you can pass for under 16 years old tomorrow, you can fish El Do for the $5 per car entrance fee in the tournament. ha ha ha

You can't fish there tomorrow otherwise!!!!!!!!!!

JapanRon
[signature]
[size 2] I'm sorry did you say 16 or 60![sly] I am alittle to old for 16 and alittle to young for 60...[/size]

[size 2] Like I said I like the pay to play lakes overall. Best time I had in a long time about 5-6 of my buddies rented a pontoon at SARL and I was the Capt. We drank, had alittle bar-b-que and a card game while I used a portable clip on fish finder to try and locate fish.[/size]

[size 2] Needless to say only 1 person fell in water when he tried to untangle his line.[/size]

[size 2] Great day, lots of laugh and sunburns and only one loss. A $150 digital camera[unsure] My friend was laughing so hard while leaning over to take pic of guy in water he dropped camera[shocked][/size]

[size 2] It was ok though. Guy works for Sony and get's them dirt cheap[sly][/size]

[size 2] If you have not do it or tried it I would recommend the pontoon thing. I do not remember exactley how much it was but with 5-6 people kicking in it was nothing.[/size]

[size 2] Really good time espcially during summer when we did it[Wink][/size]
[signature]
I normally don't have any problems with people crowding in on me. It's only happened a couple of times and it was either kids which I calmly asked to keep some distance to avoid tangles, or it was a group of adults that didn't speak English. I just glared at them as they tangled not only my line but several others in their own group. I got a broken, "So sorry" and they walked away.

Now, there's another group of foreigners at the lake I went to most of this past warm weather season. They could care less where they saw your line and bobber, they'd just cast out over four or five lines. One guy in the group got fed up, took the pole out of his hand, and broke it. He never came back again. Haha!
[signature]