Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lake mead 1/28/12
[cool]Went out at gray light south of 33 hole in the tube. The wind was at 12-15mph for most of my time on the water. Tried the usaul suspects(small swimbait,rattletrap) for nada. Then tried jigging in a cove and fish on.This striper was about 1.5lbs. Dropped the jig again and bang...fish on. This one was 1lb. This kept on for half an hour for ten fish ranging from 3/4lb to the only only one I kept which was 2lb4oz. After an hour the total was 14 stripers caught(new PB on a solo trip) with about 20 total hookups. Spent the rest of the time kicking to another cove and tossing lures. Off the water at 11am. Was nice to get into the fish again.
[signature]
Nice fish and always fun to hit a new pb.
[signature]
[quote BigE][cool]Went out at gray light south of 33 hole in the tube. The wind was at 12-15mph for most of my time on the water. Tried the usaul suspects(small swimbait,rattletrap) for nada. Then tried jigging in a cove and fish on.This striper was about 1.5lbs. Dropped the jig again and bang...fish on. This one was 1lb. This kept on for half an hour for ten fish ranging from 3/4lb to the only only one I kept which was 2lb4oz. After an hour the total was 14 stripers caught(new PB on a solo trip) with about 20 total hookups. Spent the rest of the time kicking to another cove and tossing lures. Off the water at 11am. Was nice to get into the fish again.[/quote]

Good catch. Here I was thinking it was going to be too windy and your out there in a tube?!
[signature]
It's never too windy for BigE to tube!

Nice day, good scouting mission, see ya next week.
[signature]
Nice outing BigE [Wink]
[signature]
[cool]Thanks guys. I'm a glutten for punishment. I like adverse conditions to try and adapt. Also got to work off the holiday stuffing.
Tight Lines everyone.
[signature]
I wanted to go out yesterday but the wind was a put off and the catch has been slow. Since I launch the kayak at Gov't Wash, paddling to Hole 33 is a chore in the wind.

My wife also wants me to get the winter honeydos done before the prespawn. She know from experience I'll be gone most of the day on Sat's.
[signature]
when you are kickin to a new spot do you go forward or backwards? do you wear a wet suit or anything this time of year?
[signature]
[cool]I always kick backwards. I just look around alot. I wear breathable waders all the time,even in summer. In the winter I just put more layers on underneath.
[signature]