Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Falls
Is anyone going to be at Sportsmans Park tomorrow ? Thats where I am planning on going unless I here a better report from somewhere else . Curt G.
[signature]
My fishing buddy wanted to go there but since we have been skunked there a couple of times, I voted we try Blackfoot Res. again. We thought we would try the road this afternoon to see. There is a ROAD CLOSED sign at the end of the blacktop, but we drove all the way over the top and then going down the back side we ran into snow drifts. And chickend out. We got stuck once this year trying to go between the Dam turn off and Poisen Creek. Anyway I would like to fish with you curt. And next week the road will be back open to BF dam. So can you find the perch at AF. We may show up.
[signature]
Good luck. I'd probably go if I wasn't sick. I had a fun time last time I was down there. I only caught a bunch of little perch, but I hooked into a big fish that was exciting enough to make me want to go back again.
[signature]
I will be driving a silver dodge pickup and when I get there I will be setup in green eskimo quickfish 2 . Your more than welcome to fish with me anytime . I have a power auger to punch holes with and your more than welcome to use that too . If you hear they get the road open again I would love to fish Blackfoot Res . Curt G.
[signature]
I just got home and all I caught were Chubs , I landed over 50 . The longest was 14 1/2 " . There is no snow on the ice so bring your cleates . Curt G.
[signature]
I am not sure whether to congratulate you on the huge chubs or commiserate on the lack of Perch etc., so I will do both...... Bummer on the lack of game fish [Sad], but those must be some really nice chubs! [Tongue] At least it wasn't a total skunk day and I hope the weather was nice there anyway..
[signature]
How was the ice? Can you get a 4 wheeler on the ice? Plan on hitting it Friday.
[signature]
You can get a 4 wheeler on the ice easy . there is a ramp on to the boat dock . Just take your own ramps to get off and on the end of the dock . 14" of ice at end of dock . Cindy It was a fun day lot of action . Curt G.
[signature]
Part of todays catch . Curt G.
[signature]
That's a lot of chubs! Sorry about the lack of perch. I still think it's fun catching anything though.
[signature]
Wow! That is a lot of action. I was thinking a few big boys and lots of smaller. Those are all huge! There must have been lot of good food for the fish this last year. They must have been fun anyway.
[signature]
It was a great day , a lot of action and no fish to clean . They fight harder than perch , but perch taste better . Curt G.
[signature]
that's a lot of chubs we use to catch them down here around Rupert but most have died out or moved lol.
[signature]
I wonder if cut bait on the chubs, would work? There are some Huge fish there.

Idaho
[signature]
Chubs are great bait for fish like browns. I guess it is better catching those than being skunked.
[signature]