Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fish lake
any new reports from fish lake? headed down thursday thru sunday. any info greatly appreciated. [cool]
[signature]
bump
[signature]
We were there last weekend. Ice was about 16" on the south end and about 8" by the lodge. If you can make it over to the east side the ice was a good 24". Fishing wasn't super hot but we caught our share of perch and rainbow. Easy access for a four wheeler. Good luck
[signature]
We were there last Saturday (2/4). We parked at Doctors Creek (first parking lot you get to) and hiked across over to the east side and fished in about 65 feet of water.
Fishing was a lot slower than the previous week (were also there 1/28), but not because of lack of fish, as there were plenty...they just wouldn't bite. We still ended up with a good mix of Rainbows, Splakes and a couple of Macks, including a 24", 4-5 lber. No perch at all over there...even right next to the shore.
Ice is thick enough for Snowmobiles and 4-wheelers Snow varies from nothing to about 6-8" inches where it is drifted.
No new snow at all from the previous week and I doubt there will be any new snow by next weekend based on the weather forecast.

If you want Perch, the people that we talked to that fished on the WEST side, were catching Perch....but little of anything else, so you need to decide what you want to catch and hike accordingly. It's a good 1/2 to 3/4 mile over to the east shore from Doctors Creek parking lot, and further from the first marina. (we did that last year!)

Hope this helps.
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
thanks for the info. we are taking 4 wheelers so the hike won't happen. was the north end froze yet?
[signature]
We asked at the store as it looked frozen. They said it had capped a few days earlier but you were taking your own risks if you went there. I did see a ice shack way down at the end.
[signature]
thanks. [cool]
[signature]