Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake (report)
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]
[Image: WeakFish.gif]
[/size][/black][/font][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]Bear Lake (report)
[[/size][/black][/font][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1] [/size][/black][/font][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]We got on the water at 7:00am on Saturday and started jigging in 67 feet of water off the rockpile. We were only fishing for maybe 10 minutes when my son missed the fish of the day. I landed a 5 pound mack shortly after that. There was one other bite for the rest of the day. Betwwen the two boats we had out there, we only caught two fish all day. Did not see too many on the finder. We moved in shallower and also out deeper to try and find them. We left at 1:30 and decided to return at 6:00pm that evening. We trolled right over the rockpile and found tons of fish stacking up as the sun started to go down. We continued to troll and never did drop a jigging line. I had forgotten my bait box in the truck. All in all we had a great day on the water. It can only get better from here. Planning on hitting it again on Thursday of this week. My buddy went back over on Sunday and caught three fish with quite a few more bites.
Bring on The BUS!!! 4 and 1 is a lot better than 2 and 3 like the Raiders!!!! GO BRONCOS!!!!

(This post was [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_editlog;post=71961;"]edited[/url] by crestliner on Oct 6, 2003, 9:30 AM)
[/size][/black][/font]
Thanks for the report Crestliner, I sure want to get up there and do some fishing but until the catching improves I think I'll stick with the wipers now that I can get my boat on the water again. Let us know how you do on your next trip. WH2
[signature]