Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone know about the ice around the ladders
how close to ladders can you drive up to off the road?
at all ? i will be taking 2 older gents that will need help plus some kids will we be able to get close or should we try somewhere else?

anyone know about the ice around the ladders.
i have a couple of older gents that want to go with us saturday and its been a while since i have been to the ladders.

how far from the parking to the ice and is there much slush
they will have to be helped along the way thats why i am asking
[signature]
drove by on the 9th people were pulled up very close to the ice less than a hundred yards i would guess, good luck[Smile]
[signature]
was there monday we made s good trail to the ice by the open water only got to walk about 35 yards
[signature]
Fished Strawberry today. Drove past the ladders, and there were a couple trucks very close to the shore. Didn't look like more than a 50 yard walk, maybe less. Road is open and very accessible. I would guess the ice was good too, although I didn't venture down there. I saw a group literally fishing right where the ladders dump into the lake.

The ice is still very thick (16" in places). Another place you could take them is over at Soldier creek. If you drive down the Dam Road about a half mile, you can park right next to the ice at the road that goes to the bathroom at the first point. Road is packed snow, but you could make it in any vehicle that has good snow tires. Driving past that is not advisable.

You can also drive to the Soldier Creek Marina (the road that goes through the cabins at Soldier Creek Estates.

Hope one of those options works! Good luck!
[signature]