Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips for Deer Creek/Strawberry?
Hey Everyone! I'm new to this site and I love it!

I got a small fishing boat and want to hit up DC/Strawberry this year.

I usually just go to the Provo river with a rapala and have great success but I now want to take the boat out and do some fishing!

Any tips? Lures? retrieval tips? time of day? techniques?

anything would help!!!

Thanks Guys!!!
[signature]
My number one tip for you... BEWARE of the wind when in a small boat under 16 feet, especially on Strawberry! Utah's larger lakes can definitely change for the worse in only minutes!

As far as techniques go... just keep monitoring this site. Some of the answers to your many questions will soon materialize. [cool]
[signature]
Welcome. There is lots of great information on here and more will be posted. You might find this thread interesting. [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=539828;search_string=How%20I%20am%20fishing;#539828"]Link[/url]
[signature]
I start fishuing DC in march so probably in a few weeks i will be there in my boat you can tag along with me and my son if you like and see were and what i catch fish with. I can tell you but showing you is better.
[signature]
Do you catch any walleye out there, i've been wanting to hit deer creek for a while so i'd be interested for sure. I wouldnt mind getting some bass or trout there though either
[signature]
+1
[signature]
Yes i catch walleyes there too. I target browns but catch a lot of rainbows most of the time. Most of the browns i catch are around 24-32 inches. Also theres perch there but have not really targeted them but this season i am going too.
[signature]
[quote Wasatch801]My number one tip for you... BEWARE of the wind when in a small boat under 16 feet, especially on Strawberry! Utah's larger lakes can definitely change for the worse in only minutes!

As far as techniques go... just keep monitoring this site. Some of the answers to your many questions will soon materialize. [cool][/quote]

Seems like pretty good modest advice here.
[signature]
Well thats my main goal this year, to land a walleye and a largemouth. I started fishing about 3 years ago just going for trout, and i have been expanding to new species every year. I have been wanting to go out there and get some walleye though
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]The best way to catch your first walleye is to fish for something else. After you catch your first walleye the best way to NOT catch one is to deliberately fish for one.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Guys who pay their dues and learn a lot about walleyes can sometimes catch a few more than "average" anglers. But they get skunked a lot too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
From what i've heard that sounds about right ha ha
[signature]
If the spring is a little more normal that last year there are a couple of places to work on the walleye after they are done spawning that have worked well for us at Deer Creek. I would be willing to show you if want.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Yeah for sure count me in
[signature]