Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castaic Lake Boon-Doddles
Here in the, "Land of fruits and nutz", Castaic Lake is the closest fressh water fishing to Los Angeles. Crowding is a big problem. The lake is closed to launching after 250 boats are launched on weekends.<br><br>My previous post described how unfriendly the bureaucrats there (Two women!) are to anglers.<br><br>Two months ago I complained to the LA County supervisors and CC'd the press and local talk radio shows of MANY boats racing and breaking the 35 MPH speed limit there. I warned of multiple deaths to come.<br><br>The twin engined racing Catamarin that flipped backwards at speed killing all four people in it, had gone 142 MPH the day before and then put on new props that would push it past 150 MPH!<br><br>Many days later three dead bodies and the sunken craft remain in the drinking water lake, too deep to be recovered.<br><br>Fishermen were persecuted and water skiers and racers were given free reign. Is this because the two women in charge were prejudiced against anglers? I think so.<br><br>An unidentified informant has told me that Bass anglers in their high speed Bass boats are the worst offenders. I have seen many Bass boats racing around at 80+ miles per hour on this lake.<br><br>Perhaps these city boys' time is so precious that they need to travel at such high speeds. But public safety demands limits at this crowded city lake.<br><br>Should high speed racing be part of fishing at all? Should horse power limits be imposed? Are these racer-fishermen ruining it for those of us that prefer quiet and solitude for their fishing experiences?<br><br>Sometimes I think that all motors should be banned from our drinking water lakes. I thought about the three rotting corpses in the lake when I had a drink of water this morning.<br><br>Things have to change here in THe People's Republic of California...But will they?<br><br>
WHILE IT IS TRUE AND MANY PROBABLY WILL NOT ADMIT IT OPENLY SOME BASSERS DO HAVE A TENDENCY TO RUN HIGH SPEEDS.... BUT UNLIKE WATER SKIERS' , SPEED BOATS AND JET SKIERS', BASSERS ON THE WHOLE DO NOT RUN BEYOND "SAFE" LIMITS TO BORDER LINE OUT OF CONTROL LIKE OTHER USERS OF THE LAKE. WATCH ANY BASSER ON PLANE HE WILL STEER CLEAR OF OTHER BOATS AND SKIERS. WHILE I'VE HAD JET SKIERS AND THE LIKE COME WITHIN 30FT OF MY BOAT. AND WHILE OUR HIGH POWERED BASS BOATS MAY DO 70+ MPH LOOK INSIDE ANY ONE OF OUR BOATS WE CARRY ALL THE NECESSARY PFD'S, SAFETY DEVICES AND EQUIPMENT. WE UNDERSTAND AND RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS ON THE LAKE BETTER THAN YOU THINK. I AM SADDENED BY THE DEATHS OF THOSE FOUR, BUT RUN THOSE SPEEDS AND WHAT DO YOU EXPECT. ESPECIALLY WITHOUT PFD'S.............CHECK OUT ALL THE ACCIDENTS ON ANY LAKE A MAJORITY ARE FROM PLEASURE BOATERS (SOME WHILE UNDER THE INFLUENCE). SO DON'T BLAME BASSERS FOR RUINING IT FOR OTHERS. IN REGARDS TO YOUR LAST STATEMENT THINGS HAVE TO CHANGE, BUT WILL THEY? ... WITH UNFOUNDED DUMBASS ACCUSATIONS LIKE YOURS THEY PROBABLY WILL AND NOT FOR THE BETTER.<br><br>