Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They aren't invading just the small towns!
Heard the news of this on the radio yesterday so thought I'd look it up. Can't say I'm all that surprised though. I saw a wolf up wolverine canyon over a year ago, have heard stories of them north, west and east of town. Plus was told by a coworker last week his brother had come across a pack of 21 wolves up by kepps crossing area a couple weeks ago. Guess we need to be searching them out a little more.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/30450444/detail.html
[signature]
I've seen wolves (or more correctly stated, a single wolf) twice near Micron Technology in Boise. The incidence were nearly a year apart. Could have been the same wolf, could have been a different wolf each time. The point is, they are here. This incidence of sightings near Micron were about 3 and 4 years ago, so it's nothing new. People are just now accepting that it can happen.

The "official" report of them near IF doesn't surprise me at all.
[signature]
There all over spreading like wild fire in October in an uncut hay field. I got a picture of a small pack of 5 or 6 over by soda. I was ice fishing Alexander when I scene them and got a picture. Pretty sure I even posted a pic of it then? Any way yeah there getting thick. We need to start treating them like we should streak illegal border jumpers. Shoot to kill on sight.
[signature]
I've seen them here in the Southeast also. One on the top up by Rapid Creek and one midway up the Reservation on Bannock Creek. They are pretty much all over. They have even be documented in Oregon on the westside of the Cascades.
[signature]
I'm going to see if I can track one down this week. So far, going into the woods to wolf hunt seems as comical as anything. I guess you could say that it's not an exact science in trying to figure those critters out. Yet, at least.

Oh well, it's worth getting out and trying!
[signature]
I came across tracks going down the beginner hill at Kelly Canyon this last week and then today I came across what may have been wolf tracks up by the Vernon bridge near Ashton. They are all over the place!
[signature]
[quote jeremypeace]There all over spreading like wild fire in October in an uncut hay field. I got a picture of a small pack of 5 or 6 over by soda. I was ice fishing Alexander when I scene them and got a picture. Pretty sure I even posted a pic of it then? Any way yeah there getting thick. We need to start treating them like we should streak illegal border jumpers. Shoot to kill on sight.[/quote]

You were ice fishing Alexander in October? That seems hard to believe. Perhaps you made a typo?
[signature]
No typo just bad punctuation. . It was meant to be read as. "They are all over, they are spreading like a wild fire on a uncut hayfield in October!!!"

And then the ice fishing part. It was late January when I scene them.
[signature]
I get it now. I wish we were ice fishing in October, though.[Smile]
[signature]