Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
!!Fish Tech!!
So I just wanted to say I had no idea that Fish Tech was a place, that being said, WOW I love that shop. The people are very helpful and knowledgeable and always willing to help, I have been back there multiple times in the last week. I love the fact you can buy just 1 of something if its all you need and the prices are great!!!!!

If you haven't checked this treasure out GO because its awesome, the fly selection is better than most places in the valley.

I believe it's off 6100 S and Highland behind the Wendy's

Thanks again Fish Tech even though your making me spend all my money.
[signature]
fish tech is a good place but really its expensive compared to sportsmans and places like that. but all the guys in there are way knowledgeable and very nice. thats still the only place i go for my fishing stuff, since its the closest place to me. great shop
[signature]
I agree with Chum this is the place and it is because you can find what you want only buy one and not everything in a package try finding blades for worm harnesses around town and check there prices compared to F/Tech where you can go thru dozens and pick the ones you want for 25 cents or more. And the staff are great, true fishermen not sales staff
Cabellas has a great supply, ONLINE only
[signature]
love fish tech! they are awesome and always have stuff you generally can not find at other places
[signature]
Just watch out for Micky, he'll try and convert you to fly fishing !!! These are some of the most knowledgable fisherman out there. Glad you found em !!!
I always try to buy at Fish Tech first. From live bait to line to licenses and everything else I need. Been going there since they opened.
Good to support the guys who have always backed fishermen (like stream access legislation etc).
[signature]
I agree with what has been said here. Even though you can find some better prices at Sportsman's or the internet on some things I will buy everything I can from Fish Tech because you cannot get the service and knowledge from either Sportsman's or the internet. I'm not sure how they manage to compete and stay in business against the lower overhead and large buying power of the cometition but I would be lost if they ever go out of business. They do a lot to support public fishing here in Utah and have done a lot to teach me and help me through my journey of fishing with different techniques over the years. Awesome guys providing an awesome service, lets all support them when we can to help keep them around!!!
[signature]
+1
[signature]
+1...... I always crack up after leaving cause those guys could keep you there for hours shooting the sh..... They are a mountain of knowledge from fly tying to rod building etc. They may be a little more pricey on some things but they have a bigger selection of some things then sportsmans and cabelas.
[signature]
I agree with all that's been said. What's important is supporting local shops and help keep our money local. I hate big box stores of any kind. I refuse to shop at wal mart cause they don't do sh&& for the local community. Fish tech stays in business for guys like you and hopefully the word of mouth keeps then open for years to come. I went to sportsmans last year cause I was right by it. Asked a guy IN THE FISHING DEPARTMENT to put some new line on my reel, he said he didn't know how and nobody in the store knew how either???? That would never happen at fish tech
[signature]
Despite the fact that I gotta drive further I'm gonna do the majority of my fish "stuff" shopping there from now on. They are a MAJOR contributor to the DAV fish outing as well as to other fishing related charities. Those facts plus their staff are about as personable a bunch as I've encountered and give you flat out good info seals it for me.
[signature]
i am with you all, I live in SE Utah and evey time I am in the valley for work I go over an see the fellas at Fish Tech. I like talking to a staff who knows their stuff. Oh sportsmens is ok but when you really want to get the scoop on a new lure or a technique, it is Fish Tech all day long...
BTW there is a little shop in vernal that is very similar Uintah Basin Supply, good knowledgable folks there also..

I probably frequent Fish 4/5 times a year and Dan remembers me and call me by name each time. That is service..
[signature]
I don't shop there a lot but when I do it's quality and quantity. They always have my favorite cranks-IN STOCK-and are very knowledgeable about places I fish that are not in Utah. Dan's the man.
[signature]
I couldn't agree more. As a fly guy, they are hands down the best bunch in the business at having all of the tying materials, hooks, synthetics, etc.

I actually went in there recently and asked about a certain pattern and any technique tips they might have and was more than happy when he took me back to the bench, sat down, and spent the next twenty minutes showing me his version of the fly. Where else are you going to find service like that? Micky is also one of the nicest fellows around, and man, he has forgotten more about fishing than most of us combined will ever know. What a stud.
You need to go and compare Fish Tech is lots better...

And the people that work there are in the KNOW on what they are biting on and where..
[signature]
Fish Tech and Cabela's was the only two that helped out with the DAV fishing, Sportmans would not..
[signature]
Fish Tech is great. Jimmy Gunderson is who I usually work with there. I can tell you briefly a story about how nice they are.

My wife had gone through some medical issues (she is fine now but it was a very emotional issue). Jimmy knew what we were dealing with. In any case, I wanted to get my wife into fly fishing to get her mind off of what we were dealing with. Jimmy spent the better part of a morning with her and I. We bought a lot of stuff for her. Jimmy spent a half hour in their parking lot teaching her how to cast and how to tie the fly onto the line etc. They are dang good people there!
[signature]
i remember the hats, orange and camo colored right?
[signature]
At the first event they did but not last years..
[signature]
who were the hats from this past event? i remember you handed me a box of them to pass out when we first got there.
[signature]